• The KillerFrogs

Athlon Sports: Patterson ranked as Big 12's top football coach for 2018

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
GaryPatterson7.jpg

Ranking the Big 12's College Football Coaches for 2018

By Steven Lassan

The Big 12 coaching ranks feature an interesting blend of youth and rising stars to go with three coaches with at least 10 years of experience at their current job. TCU's Gary Patterson, Oklahoma State's Mike Gundy and Kansas State's Bill Snyder are the top three coaches in the rankings, and all three have maintained success over their extended tenure. The league's rising stars come from Oklahoma's Lincoln Riley, Texas' Tom Herman and Iowa State's Matt Campbell. West Virginia's Dana Holgorsen, Baylor's Matt Rhule and Texas Tech's Kliff Kingsbury round out the next tier of coaches for 2018.

Read more at https://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-big-12s-college-football-coaches-2018

Mean Purple

GaryPatterson7.jpg

Ranking the Big 12's College Football Coaches for 2018

By Steven Lassan

The Big 12 coaching ranks feature an interesting blend of youth and rising stars to go with three coaches with at least 10 years of experience at their current job. TCU's Gary Patterson, Oklahoma State's Mike Gundy and Kansas State's Bill Snyder are the top three coaches in the rankings, and all three have maintained success over their extended tenure. The league's rising stars come from Oklahoma's Lincoln Riley, Texas' Tom Herman and Iowa State's Matt Campbell. West Virginia's Dana Holgorsen, Baylor's Matt Rhule and Texas Tech's Kliff Kingsbury round out the next tier of coaches for 2018.

Read more at https://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-big-12s-college-football-coaches-2018
I would put Matt above Lincoln and bat boy.

Frog-in-law1995

Patterson
Lincoln
Gundy
Snyder
Holgo
Rhule
Herman
Iowa State guy
Kliffy
Whoever is at Kansas

If we’re just judging coaching, and not coaching+recruiting, then think it’s Snyder/Patterson/Gundy at the top, Holgo a step down and Kliffy another step or two down from there. The others are hard to judge since they’ve only been in the top job in a P5 conference for a year, but I think Campbell gets the nod based on last year. I think Mensa will be OK, not sure about Lincoln, and don’t think Rhule will ever get it going.