• The KillerFrogs

AT&T Uverse drops Pac-12 Networks - Time to seize the opportunity Big 12

TCUdirtbag

Arizona State, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado come on down.

Would be willing to take others to end at 16 and also give WVU away to ACC/SEC if necessary to seal the deal.

Tbh the best thing that could happen on Sunday night is for ND and the PAC to get left out of the playoff. Something like huge Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma and Alabama wins and ND idle. OR huge Clemson and OU wins and Georgia just edging out Bama in a good game.
- Force ND to join the ACC in all sports.
- Push some PAC 12 schools into our waiting arms
- WVU to SEC and some trickle down moves with an SEC school to the B1G or Big 12 etc. to realign our geography.
- Playoff expansion

Last edited:

dawg

PAC's real mistake was not partnering with ESPN for their conference network. B1G has the nationwide alumni and rabid fanbases to force providers to carry but PAC fans are primarily located on the West coast, a region of the country not known for rabid sports fans. I used to get PAC on my uVerse package but it got kicked to a higher tier; can't say I ever missed it.

MTfrog5

Pac-12 Armageddon would be fascinating if the B1G decides to join the raid.
I’d like that. Have Big 10 take Cal, Stanford, Oregon/State, Washington/State and Big 12 take USC, UCLA, Arizona/State, Utah, and Colorado. If we lost WVU, we can discuss Cal or Stanford with the Big 10

dawg

After watching games on LHN and SEC Network, I’ve come to the conclusion I’d prefer not to watch games on proprietary networks if they are anything like those others. Brutal.

Whoever was announcing the UT-Iowa St game must have been straight outta school; I would almost, almost, prefer Beth Mowins to whoever was announcing on LHN.

Pac-12 Armageddon would be fascinating if the B1G decides to join the raid.

Stanford and Cal (probably UCLA as well) would probably go B1G (too snooty to rub elbows with Tech and RapeU), but that would be interesting. Things will get "real" if DirecTV ever drops the PAC Networks.

Last edited:

Dogfrog

Excuse my ignorance (haven’t read any of this) but is PAC 12 network a production of the PAC-12 exclusively with no ESPN, Fox or other network involvement? If so didn’t know that. But isn’t there a chance this is a U-verse negotiating ploy?

YA

Time to talk to some Pac-12 teams to move to the Big 12?

You realize this is still in negotiations and this is part of the tactic to get people to call?

Plus AT&T u-verse is not that huge of a loss anyway as they are losing subscribers and will be shuttered by AT&T since the Direct TV merger in the next few years anyway.

dawg

Excuse my ignorance (haven’t read any of this) but is PAC 12 network a production of the PAC-12 exclusively with no ESPN, Fox or other network involvement? If so didn’t know that. But isn’t there a chance this is a U-verse negotiating ploy?

That’s my understanding. It’s wholly-owned and produced by the conference. B1G is 51-49% owned by Fox and the B1G, respectively.

Chongo94

PAC's real mistake was not partnering with ESPN for their conference network. B1G has the nationwide alumni and rabid fanbases to force providers to carry but PAC fans are primarily located on the West coast, a region of the country not known for rabid sports fans. I used to get PAC on my uVerse package but it got kicked to a higher tier; can't say I ever missed it.

Same here although I still have it on mine. I’ve only watched it for some tennis and water polo events and when they would air those late night (to my central time zone at least) football games.

TCUdirtbag

I’d like that. Have Big 10 take Cal, Stanford, Oregon/State, Washington/State and Big 12 take USC, UCLA, Arizona/State, Utah, and Colorado. If we lost WVU, we can discuss Cal or Stanford with the Big 10

B1G would be much more likely to go after the 4 Cali schools plus Colorado and Washington is they decide to go coast to coast. Markets (LA, SF, Seattle, Denver) & research/ranking status.

JogginFrog

Eye-opener from the Oregonian article that Larry Scott's salary exceeds that of every PAC-12 coach...and is double or more of that of the SEC and B1G commissioners. I get that west-coast cost-of-living is high, but hard to justify when you are earning less for member institutions than others.