• The KillerFrogs

At 12:01 a.m. Tuesday June 8, 2010, Boise St. will be...

The MWC will add Boise on Monday

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will happen later this week

• Will happen before September

• Won't happen

• Total voters

Rabble Rouser

Just an FYI if it's going to happen it's going to happen by July 1st, that's the deadline. (so you might want to change "by Sept." to by July 1st. I can't remember whose deadline it is but thats the deadline if we want BSU in the MWC in 2011 and if we want their rankings to count towards the 4-yr BCS evaluation.

Kaiser

No invite. The mwc will wait for the July deadline. They will wait to see if any scraps like Colorado and Kansas fall of the big boys table and into their lap.

jadailyTCU

QUOTE(Frog Barrister @ Jun 7 2010, 01:20 AM) [snapback]570044[/snapback]
No invite. The mwc will wait for the July deadline. They will wait to see if any scraps like Colorado and Kansas fall of the big boys table and into their lap.

I believe that any proposals of expanding to 12 or more (and I'd bet good money that some of those have been put on the table) will be held off on for now for exactly that reason, but as inviting Boise is almost certainly in every single expansion proposal I believe they will get the invite tomorrow or by the end of the week at the latest.

If the MWC really had the foresight (and the chutzpah), they'd invite several Big 12 members (in addition to Boise) right freakin' now. I say invite Kansas, Kansas State, Colorado and even Texas Tech, all members that at least might not get into another conference under the several rumored scenarios (forget Baylor and Iowa State, nobody really wants either of 'em). Sure, none of those will accept right now, but it'll get the offer on the table (where it can stay until the Big 12 collapses and those schools need a home) and it'll show those four schools that at least someone wants them in a conference. I doubt that will happen, though.

PurplePutt

QUOTE(jadailyTCU @ Jun 7 2010, 03:51 AM) [snapback]570048[/snapback]
I believe that any proposals of expanding to 12 or more (and I'd bet good money that some of those have been put on the table) will be held off on for now for exactly that reason, but as inviting Boise is almost certainly in every single expansion proposal I believe they will get the invite tomorrow or by the end of the week at the latest.

If the MWC really had the foresight (and the chutzpah), they'd invite several Big 12 members (in addition to Boise) right freakin' now. I say invite Kansas, Kansas State, Colorado and even Texas Tech, all members that at least might not get into another conference under the several rumored scenarios (forget Baylor and Iowa State, nobody really wants either of 'em). Sure, none of those will accept right now, but it'll get the offer on the table (where it can stay until the Big 12 collapses and those schools need a home) and it'll show those four schools that at least someone wants them in a conference. I doubt that will happen, though.

I agree. Those would be the four I would invite in addition to BSU. All of them would be better off in the MWC. Their might be less money (initially) but being in a Pacific conference when you are from Colorado or Texas is insane. Tech needs to sever ties with UT--they are poison!

fanatical frog

QUOTE(jadailyTCU @ Jun 7 2010, 03:51 AM) [snapback]570048[/snapback]
If the MWC really had the foresight (and the chutzpah), they'd invite several Big 12 members (in addition to Boise) right freakin' now. I say invite Kansas, Kansas State, Colorado and even Texas Tech, all members that at least might not get into another conference under the several rumored scenarios (forget Baylor and Iowa State, nobody really wants either of 'em).

If we really had any chutzpah we'd form a new conference consisting of the MWC big 4 along with Boise and selected leftovers from B12/Big East.

jake102

ESPN was reporting this morning that the MWC was going to offer Boise. I'm not sure if they said today or not, but it sounded relatively certain that it was going to happen and probably very soon.