• The KillerFrogs

"As the Plains Burn"

Limey Frog

Here is a link to a document detailing a long discussion from the SEC forum on the LSU message board Tigerdroppings.com

http://filesocial.com/x9sj76

Two disclaimers here:

1. This thing is 33 pages long. But I only skimmed it and got a good sense of its gist. That didn't take too long.

2. Yes, this is from a message board and is obviously entirely unsubstantiated. That said, much of it is made up of published reports that someone with a lot of local background knowledge has taken the time to put together and connect.

The short version:

Shady Auburn Board of Trustee chairman Bobby Lowder used TARP money granted by the U.S. taxpayers via their good-hearted Congresspersons to his failing bank to do many, many dodgy things, including but not limited to giving freebies to Auburn football players and recruits.

The significance being that if even half of this is true, Auburn is under threat of the death penalty.

Like I said, this is a lot of rumor and innuendo. But the point has been made many times already that the FBI couldn't care less about silly NCAA football rules. The FBI deals with big boy crimes, like taking taxpayer money and using it for low-grade human trafficking schemes/extortion.

The current BC$ ranking are possibly very, very small fry compared to how deep this rabbit hole could prove to be before anyone reaches the bottom.

Good luck, you silly Tigers.

SnoSki

Like I said, this is a lot of rumor and innuendo. But the point has been made many times already that the FBI couldn't care less about silly NCAA football rules. The FBI deals with big boy crimes, like taking taxpayer money and using it for low-grade human trafficking schemes/extortion.

1) I guess this would adequately explain why the FBI got involved. That is a big deal, if that's actually what went on.

2) I'm glad we don't get taxpayer money

Cougar/Frog

The entire state of Alabama has been having a lot of public officials go down for corruption issues. I am not surprised in the least that Auburn paid the big bucks to get Cam. I just hope he gets suspended prior to the final SEC CG....

Limey Frog

I just noticed that this document was linked in another thread yesterday. But it merits having attention drawn to it again. Worth a read if anyone is interested in this mess and has some down time at work today.

Bobby Lowder is one shady dude. Auburn's own Bill Clements. Which makes Cam Newton Craig James, I guess. Except Craig wasn't getting taxpayer money.

Evlo59

I just noticed that this document was linked in another thread yesterday. But it merits having attention drawn to it again. Worth a read if anyone is interested in this mess and has some down time at work today.

Bobby Lowder is one shady dude. Auburn's own Bill Clements. Which makes Cam Newton Craig James, I guess. Except Craig wasn't getting taxpayer money.

Craig James is far to spare to be compared to Cam Newton!!!

SnoSki

If you haven't taken the time to read this, you must. It's a must-read for the 2010 season, along with "Death to the BCS"