• The KillerFrogs

As expected #3 in Coaches Poll

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Great. What is the best metric to determine which team is better than another? I am going on a limb here and saying head-to-head. That doesn't mean it is the end all be all, but it should be considered first. If you want to rank Bama over Ten because Bama beat Texas and Ten beat Pitt, by all means, but there are three teams that lost to teams head-to-head and have identical records and all three are ranked above. It cannot be that all three have better wins against a MAC school...
In 2014 Virginia Tech won the natty because they had head to head over tOSU.

Eight

Great. What is the best metric to determine which team is better than another? I am going on a limb here and saying head-to-head. That doesn't mean it is the end all be all, but it should be considered first. If you want to rank Bama over Ten because Bama beat Texas and Ten beat Pitt, by all means, but there are three teams that lost to teams head-to-head and have identical records and all three are ranked above. It cannot be that all three have better wins against a MAC school...

why are you talking about tiebreakers with the rankings of teams in polls when the polls have always been a subjective choice no different than another other beauty pageant

An-Cap Frog

why are you talking about tiebreakers with the rankings of teams in polls when the polls have always been a subjective choice no different than another other beauty pageant
Things will stay the same until enough people complain. You sound like you like being submissive...

Eight

Things will stay the same until enough people complain. You sound like you like being submissive...

that's it or, and here me out, after dealing with all the issues that truly matter during a day i don't feel the need to campaign for accuracy in polling in division 1 college football

Eight

Yet you have time to post on this message board...

how much energy do you think it takes to post on this site? how much time do you think i spend on focusing if things are properly typed?

this site is as much a distraction of what is happening during the day as anything else and definitely not a place where i am going to champion against the inconsistency of the college football poles

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
how much energy do you think it takes to post on this site? how much time do you think i spend on focusing if things are properly typed?

this site is as much a distraction of what is happening during the day as anything else and definitely not a place where i am going to champion against the inconsistency of the college football poles
The real question is how much time and energy does Wexahu spend posting here? Holy [ Finebaum ].

PurplFrawg

Administrator
It’s pretty cool to be here at the end of November, waiting to play in the CCG and discussing playoff scenarios.
Reminds me of the old story where the Oakland Raiders were in a real dogfight. Fans were going crazy. Madden called timeout to give Stabler some valuable coaching insight. When he was done and the team was retaking the field, Madden realized Stabler had been scanning the stands the whole time, saying, "Wow, these fans are really getting their money's worth." He hadn't heard a word...

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I think there's a chance that with a big win over KSU and a slim Michigan win over Purdue we should sneak up to number two. Obviously these poll rankings aren't the CFP rankings but seems like they'll match.
There's no real difference between being 2 or 3 in the final rankings. The big difference is being 3 or 4. 3 more than likely gets you a true neutral site game at the Fiesta bowl. Being 4 gets you basically a road game against Georgia, assuming everyone wins their CCG this weekend.

kodiak

Sorry if I missed it. consider this. Georgia and Michigan lose CCG and TCU wins. We are number 1.
Let’s reframe the discussion. Just win, baby. It is all that we have control of this weekend. Just WIN!

Latest posts