• The KillerFrogs

Are There Any Assistants You Would Keep?

East Coast

Tier 1
Well first, any new coach should be allowed to bring in his own staff. That being said, he could look at Maybe Gonzalez, Maybe Modkins, Maybe Applewhite. If he was willing, I would retain Sharp and move him into some admin role.

SackLunch

Well first, any new coach should be allowed to bring in his own staff. That being said, he could look at Maybe Gonzalez, Maybe Modkins, Maybe Applewhite. If he was willing, I would retain Sharp and move him into some admin role.
NO. Sharp has been there long enough and done nothing in the last 4-5 years except contribute to how terrible our DE's, who are supposed to be our best recruits, play. He's a great guy and done a lot for the program but he needs to go along with everyone else.

Why Modkins? We have some of the best CB's TCU has had in a long time and they have underperformed almost as much as the DL and LB's.

SackLunch

Why? His unit might be underperforming more than any other.

I think if every one of our assistants became a free agent, their next job would be at best a lateral move, and most likely a demotion. Maybe a huge demotion.
Exactly! I guarantee you that almost all of our defensive assistants won't be coaching at a Power 5 school within 5 years of leaving TCU. Besides maybe Gonzales, they all will be exposed as frauds because GP does all of the game planning and will end up at Tarleton or somewhere like that.