• The KillerFrogs

Arch Manning to be ruined at UT

LisaLT

Won't matter too much in our universe. They will be off to the SEC soon and who cares at that point.

Surprised the Manning family thought this was a good idea. Unless the Horns magically win this Big 12 this year and make the playoffs, I wonder if he will still stay committed.

Wexahu

Won't matter too much in our universe. They will be off to the SEC soon and who cares at that point.

Surprised the Manning family thought this was a good idea. Unless the Horns magically win this Big 12 this year and make the playoffs, I wonder if he will still stay committed.
Don't think it really matters much.

Out of schools he was supposedly considering....Bama, UGA, LSU, Florida, Ole Miss and Texas, four of those schools have one playoff appearance combined in the 9-year playoff era. This idea that you have to make the playoffs or kids will jump ship is pretty silly.

Wexahu

Article said he hasn’t been very active in that arena actually, whatever that means.

If I remember correctly, many have said that Cooper had more talent than any of them, but injuries ruined his athletic career.
I think Cooper was the most athletic of the three, but that is far from being the most talented. Cooper committed to Ole Miss as a WR. Can you imagine Peyton or Eli playing WR? Or any other position in football than QB? Me neither.

When they say Cooper had the most talent of the three, I think that's probably what they mean. If he was more talented than Peyton, he'd have been Newman's starting QB, not Peyton.

tcudoc

If he was more talented than Peyton, he'd have been Newman's starting QB, not Peyton.
seinfeld-yes.gif

LisaLT

Don't think it really matters much.

Out of schools he was supposedly considering....Bama, UGA, LSU, Florida, Ole Miss and Texas, four of those schools have one playoff appearance combined in the 9-year playoff era. This idea that you have to make the playoffs or kids will jump ship is pretty silly.
I disagree on this one. This is the highest profile QB to enter college in a long time. He is not going to be a part of a sub 500 team or one that is not winning consistently. Bama, LSU, UGA all have championships in recent years.

Eight

yee of little faith, name me one highly regarded quarterback this DECADE who has signed with texas and didn't make it big

other than the kid from duncanville who already transferred out, but that was a long time ago, at least the 2020 season

not like they have a history of missing on highly rated white drop back passers