• The KillerFrogs

Arch Manning to be ruined at UT

HornyWartyToad

That guy’s story is INSANE! Holy hell, reading his Wikipedia entry was crazy. Dude took down own family members, a lawyer, an heiress….unreal.
Yeah, I'd say the only comparison I could think of in NFL history is Marinovich. Both guys with so much natural talent they got chance after chance after chance even though everyone knew their off-field lives were disastrous.

LisaLT

Yeah, I'd say the only comparison I could think of in NFL history is Marinovich. Both guys with so much natural talent they got chance after chance after chance even though everyone knew their off-field lives were disastrous.
Well Art is out. Can he fly straight? At age 61, having been in and out of prison for decades, you’d think he’d had enough.

ticketfrog123

yee of little faith, name me one highly regarded quarterback this DECADE who has signed with texas and didn't make it big

other than the kid from duncanville who already transferred out, but that was a long time ago, at least the 2020 season

not like they have a history of missing on highly rated white drop back passers
By decade do you past 18 months? Or ten years?

Ewers and Manning are significantly better recruits than what Texas has signed over the last 10 years. Tyrone Swoopes and David Ash? Big difference.

Ehlinger / Buechele / Casey Thompson weren’t bad (certainly better than our QBs or on par with Kenny Hill)

LANDING MANNING

Nephew of NFL greats was won over by Steve Sarkisian’s vision.​

By Nick Moyle STAFF WRITER

Texas didn't need to be “back” to convince Ewers to bolt for Austin. It didn't need to challenge for a national title or even compete in a single College Football Playoff to be deemed worthy by Manning. And apparently, beating Big 12 doormat Kansas is no longer a prerequisite to signing a top-five recruiting class, as the Longhorns did in 2022 despite last year's occasionally surreal campaign.

And while name, image and likeness (NIL) opportunities at Texas have played a role in other recent signings, Manning comes with built-in celebrity. The money and endorsements follow him, not vice-versa. No, this was strictly a football decision.

It's hard to believe this sort of recruiting magic could exist anywhere but Texas, which has produced just one season of double-digit wins (10-4 in 2018) after reeling off nine straight from 2001-09. This might be even harder to believe: Since 2014, Texas has more top-10 recruiting classes (five) than winning seasons (four).

Like Del Conte, Manning has bought into Sarkisian's vision.

Selling hope to a recruit of Manning's caliber probably wouldn't have worked anywhere else. But Texas isn't really like anywhere else. Now, with six months left before the early signing period, it just has to prove to Manning that his faith wasn't misplaced.

LisaLT

LANDING MANNING

Nephew of NFL greats was won over by Steve Sarkisian’s vision.​

By Nick Moyle STAFF WRITER

Texas didn't need to be “back” to convince Ewers to bolt for Austin. It didn't need to challenge for a national title or even compete in a single College Football Playoff to be deemed worthy by Manning. And apparently, beating Big 12 doormat Kansas is no longer a prerequisite to signing a top-five recruiting class, as the Longhorns did in 2022 despite last year's occasionally surreal campaign.

And while name, image and likeness (NIL) opportunities at Texas have played a role in other recent signings, Manning comes with built-in celebrity. The money and endorsements follow him, not vice-versa. No, this was strictly a football decision.

It's hard to believe this sort of recruiting magic could exist anywhere but Texas, which has produced just one season of double-digit wins (10-4 in 2018) after reeling off nine straight from 2001-09. This might be even harder to believe: Since 2014, Texas has more top-10 recruiting classes (five) than winning seasons (four).

Like Del Conte, Manning has bought into Sarkisian's vision.

Selling hope to a recruit of Manning's caliber probably wouldn't have worked anywhere else. But Texas isn't really like anywhere else. Now, with six months left before the early signing period, it just has to prove to Manning that his faith wasn't misplaced.
I’d really like to know WHAT this incredible Sark vision is.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I’d really like to know WHAT this incredible Sark vision is.
10678731309086.png

Eight

By decade do you past 18 months? Or ten years?

Ewers and Manning are significantly better recruits than what Texas has signed over the last 10 years. Tyrone Swoopes and David Ash? Big difference.

Ehlinger / Buechele / Casey Thompson weren’t bad (certainly better than our QBs or on par with Kenny Hill)

you didn't catch the "THIS decade" part?

gilbert is the last elite one they signed in 2009 and if we are talking about elite texas recruits then you also have simms, mock and young in the brown era.

aside from vince, the most successful quarterback in the brown era by far was colt

ticketfrog123

you didn't catch the "THIS decade" part?

gilbert is the last elite one they signed in 2009 and if we are talking about elite texas recruits then you also have simms, mock and young in the brown era.

aside from vince, the most successful quarterback in the brown era by far was colt
This decade began in 2021. Pretty dumb if that’s your intent to focus on last 18 months.

Showtime Joe 2.0

That guy’s story is INSANE! Holy hell, reading his Wikipedia entry was crazy. Dude took down own family members, a lawyer, an heiress….unreal.
Inadvertently, I guess you could also say that he also "took down" the legendary Woody Hayes. Schlichter was the Buckeye QB who throw the infamous interception against Clemson in the 1978 Gator Bowl that ended with Hayes slugging the Clemson player who had made the pick, thus ending Hayes's coaching career.

Chongo94

Inadvertently, I guess you could also say that he also "took down" the legendary Woody Hayes. Schlichter was the Buckeye QB who throw the infamous interception against Clemson in the 1978 Gator Bowl that ended with Hayes slugging the Clemson player who had made the pick, thus ending Hayes's coaching career.
Wow…..what an interesting “career.” That guy’s story is just crazy all the way through.

tcudoc

There's an old story about Bo Schembechler trying to recruit (IIRC) Art Schlichter from Ohio to play qb at Michigan. Schlichter was perceived as a generational talent out of HS. Michigan wanted him badly and was pulling out all the stops. Young kid stops Bo mid-sales pitch and says, "Coach, How come you haven't put any quarterbacks in the NFL?" Bo puts his arm around the kid and says, "Son, you and I, we're gonna change all that."
Schlichter went on to become a big star qb, and a high first-round NFL pick. At THE Ohio State.
Wanna bet?

NewFrogFan

Don't think it really matters much.

Out of schools he was supposedly considering....Bama, UGA, LSU, Florida, Ole Miss and Texas, four of those schools have one playoff appearance combined in the 9-year playoff era. This idea that you have to make the playoffs or kids will jump ship is pretty silly.
You would completely [ Finebaum ] your pants if TCU had an LSU 2019 season, what a stupid comment.