• The KillerFrogs

Apology to Sonny

Limp Lizard

When I saw the title, I thought Cumbie.
giphy.gif

Hopefully in a few games we will owe heartfelt apologies to Sonny Cumbie.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Steel and a few of the daughters wandered over to the Hilltop last night, to watch a little football and enjoy the evening sitting on the grass at the south end zone. Was pleasantly surprised that it was an exciting atmosphere, great experience. Parking was super easy (Steel parked car in Steel's driveway and walked there). The band for poor SMU is utterly overshadowed by the University of North Texas band, and the SMU student section--my God, how pathetic. But overall, a lot of fun. they didn't have the food trucks like last year, so that was a disappointment.

I too went to SMU game. Girlfriend is Tech grad now at SMU law school. Dallas is a fun city but their games are not as fun as TCU atmosphere.

Girlfriend wants me to wear SMU shirt when we play them. I only wear when we are home and never around campus, and will wear purple when we play them.

I too went to SMU game. Girlfriend is Tech grad now at SMU law school. Dallas is a fun city but their games are not as fun as TCU atmosphere.

Girlfriend wants me to wear SMU shirt when we play them. I only wear when we are home and never around campus, and will wear purple when we play them.
Did you think you were log-in in on your normal account or did you inglish improve?

Salfrog

Tier 1
As I watch SMU utterly manhandle a University of North Texas club that is supposed to compete for a CUSA title, I have to give Sonny Dykes props. This SMU team looks better than anything Chad Morris fielded in his tenure. Clearly SMU ponied up in trading Chad for Sonny. SMU will be 3-0 when they arrive at Amon Carter and we best look out. I always thought Sonny was riding his father’s coattails but, no, this man can coach! They will not be a push over. Happy for Sonny!

I would trade Sonny Cumbie for Sonny Dykes any day.

Froginbedford

As I watch SMU utterly manhandle a University of North Texas club that is supposed to compete for a CUSA title, I have to give Sonny Dykes props. This SMU team looks better than anything Chad Morris fielded in his tenure. Clearly SMU ponied up in trading Chad for Sonny. SMU will be 3-0 when they arrive at Amon Carter and we best look out. I always thought Sonny was riding his father’s coattails but, no, this man can coach! They will not be a push over. Happy for Sonny!

SMU is back...don't sleep on SMU....

Limp Lizard

Upsets happen every day. It is not that the victim of the upset is not a good team, but they just did not play that well. Although we have more pure talent than in previous years, we win with disciplined team play, intensity and effort. We still do not have the talent like tOSU, Bama, Texas, OU or Georgia where we can just halfarse our way through a game against a lesser team and expect to win.

I do fear a letdown after this Purdue road test. And one thing I know: SMU will put up a fanatical effort. They probably would have been to at least two more bowl games the last few years if they played everyone like they play TCU. I have been to many, many TCU games and have never seen teams frothing at the mouth crazy fired-up as every time I have seen SMU. Anything but a solid outing could be a disaster. Survive the first 2-3 possessions when they are fresh and frenzied, build an early lead, then SMU will get tired and discouraged. Finish the game with fresh and enthusiastic reserves who should put up a few more points. Just don't give them hope of winning the game, like we game to UAPB.

I also fear injuries due to cheap shots from SMU. Officials, keep you eye open!

Last edited: