• The KillerFrogs

AP: Tired No. 4 TCU has done its job for playoff so far at 11-0

LVH

Are we supposed to complain about that too? Kidding.....sort of.

I didn't know the 4 newcomers were starting in the Big 12 next year, I thought it was 2024.
I was hoping the 4 newcomers didnt join until OU/UT left

The rumors are Houston will host UT next year along with us, and Cincinnati will host OU

Houston will make a big deal about their home games vs. us and UT but man do they suck. Not sure if they will be able to right the ship in time

UCF, BYU, Houston will all be stumbling into the Big 12 going the wrong direction

G Mother Froggen P

think the fatigue sonny is talking about isn't as much physical as mental

one thing this team hasn't had to date is a game that they are just flat on both sides of the ball

that takes a great deal of mental energy and discipline and talking with friends who coach what the frogs in that last drive against baylor was incredibly impressive to them with what was at stake, the series of challenges, and the game coming after reaching a significant accomplishment

not trying to diminish the physical aches and pains this roster is feeling,but everyone has that this time of year

keeping that mental focus with everyone asking for your time plus the physical challenge has been key
It would be a great time to have a guest speaker like David Goggins, or another Navy Seal, to talk about mental fortitude and pushing yourself. Incredible what the human body is capable of... Just need to be right between the ears!

West Coast Johnny

Sonny should cancel practice for at least one day this week to let the team catch up on sleep and maybe do something fun to take their minds off of things.

This team seems to handle pressure well, much better than the fans do. Having said this, I think it is fairly obvious that the pressure is mounting and they will not win games with the weight of the world on their shoulders.

OICU812

AP: Tired No. 4 TCU has done its job for playoff so far at 11-0

STEPHEN HAWKINS

7db2ddbf4c8465a77fbebad13de6785a

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — There will be some people who look at how fourth-ranked TCU is still undefeated going into the final week of the regular season, and they will question if the Horned Frogs really deserve to be part of the playoff discussion.

Their latest victory came on a chaotic game-ending field goal that capped a two-score rally in the final 2 minutes, 7 seconds at Baylor, in a stadium with a bitter playoff-busting memory for the Frogs (11-0, 8-0 Big 12, No. 4 CFP). Only one of their conference wins has been by more than 10 points and they had to overcome double-digit deficits after halftime in back-to-back games last month.

“They can say whatever they want to say. Our job’s to win football games. We’ve done our job up to this point,” first-year TCU coach Sonny Dykes said after Saturday's 29-28 win. “And, you know, hopefully we’ll do it again Saturday. And what anybody says I couldn't care less about."

Read more at https://news.yahoo.com/tired-no-4-tcu-done-205747071.html
Liked for correctly using, “couldn’t care less.” Intensity of like diminished for ending sentence with, “about.”

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
It would be a great time to have a guest speaker like David Goggins, or another Navy Seal, to talk about mental fortitude and pushing yourself. Incredible what the human body is capable of... Just need to be right between the ears!
While that is a fine idea, the kids have shown incredible resilience already this season. I tend to believe that on Thursday night Sonny ought to schedule a good stand-up comedy man to let the team laugh and relax. Nothing uncoils tension like a good laugh.

Example: In 2005, the Astros were playing Game 5 at Atlanta, with the series tied 2-2. Whoever lost went home, and the Astros had a woeful record in that ballyard. When the bus pulled up to the Stadium, there was absolute silence, as everyone mulled their slim chances against a team that had beaten them time and time again in this very situation.

Suddenly, rookie Lance Berkman jumped to his feet and turned around to face the rest of the players. In a silly, singsong voice, he cried, "Okay, fellas! Big game today! Big Game!" while clapping his hands like a little girl. The entire busload of players roared with laughter. All the stress and worry evaporated like a morning fog, and they went out and annihilated the Braves that afternoon.