• The KillerFrogs

AP: Texas Tech QB suffers partially collapsed lung

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Alan Bowman suffers partially collapsed lung

LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) — Texas Tech freshman quarterback Alan Bowman sustained a partially collapsed lung against West Virginia and remained hospitalized a day after getting injured.

Red Raiders coach Kliff Kingsbury said Sunday there wasn’t a timetable for Bowman’s return but that it would likely be “sooner than later” because Bowman didn’t have broken ribs.

Bowman was injured in the second quarter of a 42-34 loss to the Mountaineers when he was sandwiched on a hit by Ezekiel Rose and Keith Washington as he threw a pass. Kingsbury said Bowman was evaluated at the team’s facility before being taken to a hospital.

Read more at http://www.artesianews.com/1615799/texas-tech-qb-alan-bowman-sustains-partially-collapsed-lung.html

givings

That's tough. I had a collapsed lung in 2011. Thankfully I recovered well and even ran the New York City marathon later in the year. The next year I want a small Marathon. So a good outcome is possible.

that said. I don't think I would have been running sprints 2 weeks later and I was still in a bad hospital for a week.

TechAdvisor

It was a vicious, legal, hit. Now Tech is down to their 3rd string QB. 1st & 2nd string RB's still banged up, T.J. Vasher WR is out with a knee injury. Kingsbury's teams are always injured, it gets really old.

SnoSki

It was a vicious, legal, hit. Now Tech is down to their 3rd string QB. 1st & 2nd string RB's still banged up, T.J. Vasher WR is out with a knee injury. Kingsbury's teams are always injured, it gets really old.
Can you really blame Kliff for players getting hurt? Curious to know what the line of thinking is on that subject.

TechAdvisor

Can you really blame Kliff for players getting hurt? Curious to know what the line of thinking is on that subject.

I wasn't blaming Kingsbury for injuries, just stating that the sheer amount and consistency of injuries under Kingsbury gets old. It's frustrating that the fans can't really get a grasp on his coaching abilities because he's always coaching with one hand tied behind has back. It's always Tech's 3rd string against the opponents starters.

LisaLT

I wasn't blaming Kingsbury for injuries, just stating that the sheer amount and consistency of injuries under Kingsbury gets old. It's frustrating that the fans can't really get a grasp on his coaching abilities because he's always coaching with one hand tied behind has back. It's always Tech's 3rd string against the opponents starters.
Well at least for the TCU game we'll both be using back ups (most likely). Tech at least has had some decent QB depth it seems. I agree with you - that kind of hit on the QB in the NFL might get players ejected :)

LevelHead

I don't think you can blame Kliff, but his teams have been notoriously snakebit with injuries. There was a graphic out there at one point that showed % of starters missing games due to injuries, and Tech was ALWAYS near the top.

Eight

seriously, you see what the tcu staff gets blamed for and you ask this question about another schools internet board?

TechAdvisor

Well at least for the TCU game we'll both be using back ups (most likely). Tech at least has had some decent QB depth it seems. I agree with you - that kind of hit on the QB in the NFL might get players ejected :)

There is a difference between 2nd string and 3rd string QB's. Every Tech fan would gladly go into the TCU game with having only lost our 1st string QB. We're down to the 3rd string guy who is averaging an interception every 12 pass attempts. We're screwed.

LisaLT

I don't think you can blame Kliff, but his teams have been notoriously snakebit with injuries. There was a graphic out there at one point that showed % of starters missing games due to injuries, and Tech was ALWAYS near the top.
Wasn't the game against TCU where Webb got knocked out and the Mahomes era began? Am I remembering that right? Look what a superstar he turned into.

LisaLT

There is a difference between 2nd string and 3rd string QB's. Every Tech fan would gladly go into the TCU game with having only lost our 1st string QB. We're down to the 3rd string guy who is averaging an interception every 12 pass attempts. We're screwed.
It's tough to be thrown into that situation no doubt. At least we are both in a bye week. We are just as concerned about how Collins will do. He hasn't played much so who knows what will happen.

Big Frog II

Well since we can't seem to intercept a pass this year, you are good.

Limp Lizard

Oh boo hoo. We lost the one excellent DT before the season. The starting QB has been playing with a bum shoulder, getting worse all season. We were without out defensive leader (safety) and some OL starters, and lost our best playmaker early in the ISU game. Our best RB is only about 60%. The same whine could be said about TCU, year after year. When TCU beat TT in lubbock in 2015 we had one starter in the defense. Playing two teams with superior talent and depth back-to-back really hurt us. Glad we only play Purdue next year.

So injuries will not get you sympathy here.