• The KillerFrogs

AP: Texas, Oklahoma talk to SEC about joining league

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
AP source: Texas, Oklahoma talk to SEC about joining league

By RALPH D. RUSSO

The last time Texas got a wandering eye for another conference it fueled a series of realignments in college sports that nearly killed the Big 12.

Texas is once again exploring free agency, stealing the headlines at the Southeastern Conference media days and cranking up speculation about another round of conference shuffling. And the Longhorns aren’t alone in looking around.

There have been discussions between Texas and Oklahoma and SEC officials about switching conferences, but no formal invitations have been extended, a person with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press on Wednesday night.

Read more at https://apnews.com/article/sports-t...rns-football-b8d24324e90e9068dfa0c633c28923f1

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Come back Colorado, Missouri, Nebraska.

Hello Arizona, Arizona State, BYU and Utah. Let's talk.

(BTW I can see WVU looking for new alignment if OU and Texas leave).

TemCatFrog71

Maybe Texas football should learn to compete a bit better in the Big 12 before they venture out iton the the semi-pro league that is the SEC. OMG, that means they would have to play A&M again and face that humiliation should they lose to the Aggies.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Yep. This anonymous leak was done to get everyone hopping.

I cannot honestly see UT leaving it's perch as the Big Fish in this conference and going somewhere they are about midway on the totem pole.

HG73

This is not a done deal. Aggy will fight this to their dying breath. There IS a gentleman's agreement in the SEC between aggy, UF, UGA and USC and other one school states to block any second team from that state.

Bob Sugar

Thanks for starting another thread...

giphy.gif

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
This is not a done deal. Aggy will fight this to their dying breath. There IS a gentleman's agreement in the SEC between aggy, UF, UGA and USC and other one school states to block any second team from that state.
Much of the Houston Barnacle coverage from this morning dealt with that very point. Aggie isn't letting their exclusive gig get watered down.

Of course, Aggie is just one program. If the SEC could expand with those two programs, they would give it the most serious consideration. If Aggie don't like it, they can just get used to disappointment.