• The KillerFrogs

AP: TCU 6-2 mark vs Texas in B12 equals wins over 4 SWC decades

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU 6-2 mark vs Texas in B12 equals wins over 4 SWC decades

AP

Some things to watch in the second weekend of Big 12 play Saturday, when all five games have a team that won its conference opener playing a team that lost its league opener:

GAME OF THE WEEK

TCU at No. 9 Texas: The Horned Frogs won only six of their last 39 meetings against Texas when they were still together in the old Southwest Conference through the 1995 season. Coach Gary Patterson and TCU have matched that win total in eight games since joining the Longhorns in the Big 12 less than a decade ago. Texas senior quarterback Sam Ehlinger has 688 yards passing for 10 touchdowns with one interception this season. He had 321 yards and two TDs against TCU last season, but also had the only four-interception game of his career. As a true freshman last October, Max Duggan threw for 273 yards with two touchdowns and ran for 72 yards and another score in the Frogs' 37-27 win. He threw for 241 yards against Iowa State in his only half of action last week.

Read more at https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...b12-equals-wins-over-4-swc-decades/114175904/

Froginbedford

After TCU beating UT in 1961, 1965, and 1967 (all in Austin), who would have imagined it would be 24 years before beating the Longhorns again in 1992?

The win in Austin in 2012 was truly glorious...seeing the upper deck with many empty seats to start with....Many on here posted what they drank in celebration....Without a gall bladder, alchohol was out of the picture for me, so I drove to Whataburger and got the largest milk shake they had....That's how delirious I was....LOL....

Frog DJ

In 1959 my parents asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I said, "Tickets to the TCU-Texas game in Austin." Dad made it happen.

Unfortunately, we awoke to an ice storm that Saturday morning, and my mother refused to let us make the trip. The Frogs won 14-9.

We all three listened to the game on the radio as Kern Tips did play-by-play. I was 11-years old, and I cried myself to sleep that night.

Go Frogs!

MTfrog5

After TCU beating UT in 1961, 1965, and 1967 (all in Austin), who would have imagined it would be 24 years before beating the Longhorns again in 1992?

The win in Austin in 2012 was truly glorious...seeing the upper deck with many empty seats to start with....Many on here posted what they drank in celebration....Without a gall bladder, alchohol was out of the picture for me, so I drove to Whataburger and got the largest milk shake they had....That's how delirious I was....LOL....
2012 was a blast up there. We were loud and had a great time waking a mile and half down the ramp yelling TCU afterwards

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
In 1959 my parents asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I said, "Tickets to the TCU-Texas game in Austin." Dad made it happen.

Unfortunately, we awoke to an ice storm that Saturday morning, and my mother refused to let us make the trip. The Frogs won 14-9.

We all three listened to the game on the radio as Kern Tips did play-by-play. I was 11-years old, and I cried myself to sleep that night.

Go Frogs!
Believe that was the game Leap recalled having to chip ice off the seats to sit down.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
2012 was a blast up there. We were loud and had a great time waking a mile and half down the ramp yelling TCU afterwards
Thats all you could hear when we were walking out of the stadium, TCU TCU TCU. We were by our band in section 32 and we were loud as hell. Didn't hear a peep out of those lil burnt orange [hundinnen ]. Every one of them that we walked by looked so sad. It was great.

That was my first KillerFrogs bus trip and it was memorable.

Last edited:

HFrog1999

It would’ve been better if you just took a milkshake from a sad longhorn

200.gif

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Wasn't there two famous videos from that 2012 game? 1.): The UT fan all dressed up as a turkey, and looking about as depressed as any turkey around Thanksgiving, and 2.) The lovely Natalie Portman standing in a portal, waiting on whoever was with her to finish watching a play which obviously didn't go the Whorns way, "Can we go now?"

Casey T

I snuck into the ut student section with two of my longhorn friends that game. Wore a sweater over my purple jacket to get in and then took off the cover once we were in. I was trying not to make them too mad as I cheered on the victory but they were both so defeated. It was hilarious listening to all those kids [ hundin] about every call

BedfordFrog68

Wasn't there two famous videos from that 2012 game? 1.): The UT fan all dressed up as a turkey, and looking about as depressed as any turkey around Thanksgiving, and 2.) The lovely Natalie Portman standing in a portal, waiting on whoever was with her to finish watching a play which obviously didn't go the Whorns way, "Can we go now?"

A freeze frame from the video in 2012 showed a guy dressed as the turkey (it was a Thanksgiving night game)...And an Austin American-Statesman photo in 2014 showed the same guy in the same costume, looking the same depressed self....I don't know about Natalie Portman....