• The KillerFrogs

AP Poll 8-20-18

Mean Purple

23 and 25 make me laugh
I don't think LSU will finish that high. They got rid of a winning coach...and brought in a guy who can't make up his mind. At least that's what it seems like. Can't really understand a word he says, so who knows what the guy is thinking...

Sebastian S

Well, we all know what happened to the previous "best o-line in Wisky history"...

I would like to think our game vs Ohio State is a step above a really good ooc but I have it up there as playing Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl.

Probably not as big an effect but the national notoriety of beating them will be huge.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I don't think LSU will finish that high. They got rid of a winning coach...and brought in a guy who can't make up his mind. At least that's what it seems like. Can't really understand a word he says, so who knows what the guy is thinking...
The players can’t understand him either. Probably why they aren’t very good.

TooColdU

I would like to think our game vs Ohio State is a step above a really good ooc but I have it up there as playing Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl.

Probably not as big an effect but the national notoriety of beating them will be huge.

Not if Urban isn’t there. They’ll blame the loss on that.

SnoSki

I honestly think the preseason poll is one of the most important ones to come out all year. Hear me out:

Two teams from different conferences go 12-1, winning conference champ games but losing one game in the same week to a similar caliber opponent. One started out ranked preseason #1 and another started out unranked.

Which team is likely playoff bound and which is likely left out?

FrogLifeYo

Well, we all know what happened to the previous "best o-line in Wisky history"...

I have read on several sites that Whisky has the second best OL returning in the nation this year....Who’s ranked #1?....Believe it or not K-State is returning all 5 starters and 3 are grading out as top 5 round picks..

Sebastian S

I think if you are in a P5 conference and play a competitive schedule, the pre season rankings don't matter.

In 2014, didn't we start unranked and we were right there in the mix at the end. The argument was not the pre season rankings but sos and losing 1 game to baylor.

Wexahu

I honestly think the preseason poll is one of the most important ones to come out all year. Hear me out:

Two teams from different conferences go 12-1, winning conference champ games but losing one game in the same week to a similar caliber opponent. One started out ranked preseason #1 and another started out unranked.

Honestly? I think the CFP committee would pick the team that they think has the better resume, I don't think it matters much where they were ranked pre-season. In the old days your statement would be much more true than it is now.

dawg

Not to mention that early season “teams that are ranked high but turn out to be frauds” can have an impact on the final rankings. At the end of the season, when ESPN and its CFP committee are crafting the facts to suit their desired narrative, an early season win over a preseason top 10 fraud will get mentioned.

Last edited:

dawg

I have read on several sites that Whisky has the second best OL returning in the nation this year....Who’s ranked #1?....Believe it or not K-State is returning all 5 starters and 3 are grading out as top 5 round picks..

Interesting; I did not know that. The Purple Wizard definitely working his Wizard magic up there.

netty2424

Honestly? I think the CFP committee would pick the team that they think has the better resume, I don't think it matters much where they were ranked pre-season. In the old days your statement would be much more true than it is now.
Offsides, Wex, 5 yards, repeat 1st down.
113DWJK