• The KillerFrogs

AP Poll 8-20-18

FrogLifeYo

So the AP and the Coaches both have us at 16 and the second highest ranked Big12 team...Lot of teams in that top 25 replacing QBs...Up until 5-6 years ago polls seemed to really not like the new QB situations. I suppose the young QBs coming in to CFB are more ready to go than ever

Sebastian S

So the AP and the Coaches both have us at 16 and the second highest ranked Big12 team...Lot of teams in that top 25 replacing QBs...Up until 5-6 years ago polls seemed to really not like the new QB situations. I suppose the young QBs coming in to CFB are more ready to go than ever

That or the emphasis on running backs are coming back. Thus not giving as much importance to the QB position.

We will face probably 4-5 of the top 10 running backs in the nation.

Plus we just saw Bryce Love(I think the best running back of 2018) in the bowl game.

Frog-in-law1995

Ridiculous that Wisconsin is ahead of Ohio State. With the exception of 2011, when Luke Fickell was interim coach after Tressel got fired and Terrelle Pryor got suspended, it’s been 14 years since Wisconsin finished a season ranked higher than Ohio State.

CountryFrog

Ridiculous that Wisconsin is ahead of Ohio State. With the exception of 2011, when Luke Fickell was interim coach after Tressel got fired and Terrelle Pryor got suspended, it’s been 14 years since Wisconsin finished a season ranked higher than Ohio State.
Even more ridiculous considering they annually have one of, if not THE, easiest schedule of any major program in the country. They do have a couple road trips this year to Michigan and Penn St (although I think both of those programs are overrated too) but they will still easily run away with the pathetic Big Ten West.

Sebastian S

It’ll be a cold day in hell when Texas doesn’t receive pity votes in the preseason top 25.

The joke is on them.

They continually have so much talent on the roster but fail to see results on the field.

I don't mind them being ranked. They should be. It's a failure on their part for not living up to reasonable expectations.

FrogLifeYo

By in large the coaches and then pollsters don’t think much of the Big12 this year...I actually expect the conference to be much better than years past.

netty2424

Not disagreeing with your post, just trying to make sense of it as well. Sounds like Wiscy is stacked on the o-line with 3 returning all-Americans and returning their entire 2 deep line roster. Touting this as possibly the best line in Wiscy history. Being traditionally a running team, this bodes well for them I suppose.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.la...tball-offensive-line-best-program-history/amp

Zubaz

Wisconson beat them in 2010 and split the conference title, they just had a much harder bowl game so they ended up ranked lower.