• The KillerFrogs

AP: No. 17 Iowa State set for an upbeat TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
AP: No. 17 Iowa State set for an upbeat TCU

(AP) – Nothing has come easy for TCU over the past three games, although the Horned Frogs appear to be back on the right track after a thrilling, last-second victory, with one of their top players finally out of a shooting slump.

Now it's up to TCU to keep things going as the Horned Frogs travel to Ames, Iowa for a crucial Big 12 Conference showdown against a surging 17th-ranked Iowa State team Saturday afternoon. TCU might be 4-0 at home in conference play, but they are 0-5 on the road.

JD Miller hit a game-winning off-balance jumper with less than a second to play to lift TCU to a wild 70-68 home victory over visiting Oklahoma State on Wednesday. The victory snapped a two-game losing streak for TCU (16-6, 4-5 Big 12 Conference), who had dropped two straight games by an average of 22.5 points.

Read more at https://sports.yahoo.com/no-17-iowa-state-set-upbeat-tcu-210809523--ncaab.html

BABYFACE

I don’t think I would have used the phrase, “upbeat TCU.” This team is far from it currently. It seems that the player losses and emotional loss with Fisher have taken it’s toll.

They are playing hard but have lost that swagger. JD trusts his starting 5 but I think it would help for him to trust the other 4 scholarship players on the bench to give the starters a breather and help keep them fresh. Starting five looked fatigued in the 2nd half of OSU game.