• The KillerFrogs

AP: Baylor focused on bowl for its seniors, not keeping TCU out

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
AP: Baylor focused on bowl for its seniors, not keeping TCU out

WACO, Texas (AP) — Baylor coach Matt Rhule is more interested in what his team and the seniors who stuck around can accomplish, and not what the Bears could do to Big 12 rival TCU in the process.

The Bears (5-5, 3-4 Big 12) can get bowl eligible with a win Saturday in the home finale for 10 fifth-year seniors who remained through a sexual assault scandal that rocked the school more than two years ago, and led to only one win in Rhule's debut last season. They host the Horned Frogs (4-6, 2-5), who have to win their last two games to get to a bowl.

"Probably no group of seniors has ever been through more than they've been through," Rhule said. "My whole focus with our team this week is going to be about sending the seniors out on senior day the right way, and really send them out with the best home record. ... This is a special group to me, and I'd love to have a chance to play one more game with them."

Read more at https://newsok.com/article/feed/7225421/baylor-focused-on-bowl-for-its-seniors-not-keeping-tcu-out