• The KillerFrogs

AP: 8 enough at TCU? Dixon embraces change after losing season

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
8 enough at TCU? Dixon embraces change after losing season

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Jamie Dixon has altered his approach to putting together a team after his first losing season as a head coach, and in an era with so much change in college basketball.

TCU has added eight transfers to its roster since last season, when the Horned Frogs went 12-14. That came a year after a 16-16 record that was the first non-winning season for Dixon, who was Pittsburgh's coach for 13 seasons and is now going into his sixth at his alma mater.

“Obviously we weren’t quite in the transfer mode the last couple years. I think when I came to TCU, obviously playing there, the type of school we are, transfers was not probably the way I thought we would go,” Dixon said. “It’s a new era. It’s a new time. Now I’ve embraced it. Certainly we did this summer. You just try to improve yourselves. We certainly did with the transfers.”

Read more at https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...mbraces-change-after-losing-season/119071788/

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
So for the "fire 'em all" crowd, when is Dixon on your hot seat? A .500 season followed by a losing season. Roster turmoil every year. Injuries. Has an NIT banner, several players in the NBA but not much else here.

TAINTed frog

So for the "fire 'em all" crowd, when is Dixon on your hot seat? A .500 season followed by a losing season. Roster turmoil every year. Injuries. Has an NIT banner, several players in the NBA but not much else here.
It sounds like he’s open to self reflection, change, and honesty.

He also took over a basketball program that was abysmal and that no one cared/cares about.

Gary brought the football program back from the grave and with that expectations grew to the point where losing seasons are unacceptable. Gary does has not/will not meaningfully self reflect, change with the times, and complains more than any coach paid over $6 Million a year.

So, yeah, I’m not ready to call for Dixon’s ouster quite yet.

Farmfrog

This is a deep roster that Jamie has to get the most out of. The question I have is how good will the offense be. Hope he uses Miller like he did Lofton Jr with the USA U19 team. With more length the defense should be better but wonder who outside of Miles and Miller will give us the offense we need.

As for starters I’ve heard 7-8 names but I think it will be Miles, Miller, Souley, O’Bannon and Evans. I keep hearing that Wells is playing well plus Baugh and Peavy are nice pieces. I hope Coles is healthy because he is very talented.

My guess at a starting 5 is

PG Baugh
SG Miles
SF Peavey
PF Miller
C Souleymane

Second 5
PG Evans
SG Wells/Farabello
SF Coles/O’Bannon
PF Cork
C Lampkin

Eight

when? you don't read the basketball game threads do you

CM Frog

Had no choice. Nearly the entire roster left. But it does sound like the changes are an improvement. But then I said that a couple of years ago when this happened.
As a friend of mine who is close to the program said it was all about Miles! He has helped recruit a much better team then what they had on the floor last year.