• The KillerFrogs

AP 17

HornyWartyToad

Last years staff recruited just about all of these players….
and coached them to 5-7. They are night and day better, not just as a team, but individually.
You can look at any position group on the field, with the *possible* exception of DBs(they were picked apart by SMU), and say they are markedly improved, as a group and individually.
The most obvious is Max, but the one that really jumped out at me vs OU besides him is DeMercado. He is showing a whole other level of physical abilities that he simply didn't have before. Significant open-field speed, and strength to break tackles that I never saw until this year.
So yes, most of these are Gary's players, and it's tragic he didn't get more out of them, than 5-7.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I remember writing this a few weeks ago, but it is worth repeating: O.A. "Bum" Phillips referred to a good football coach as a guy "...who could take his'n and beat your'n, and take your'n and beat his'n."

Sonny and his Staff, by virtue of being handed a practically stuffed but demoralized cupboard, have revitalized the culture of TCU Football and brought life back to what was a lackluster band waiting for the next disaster to befall them. The attitude, confidence, and poise of this team is great to see, and it really blossomed on Saturday. OU wasn't a gang of schmoes, they were a talented team that had a lot going for them. The Frogs just beat the life out of them in a way that OU simply wasn't prepared for. At all. While they were annihilating OU's confidence (and all around mental well-being), the Frogs were discovering their own, and they seemed to like what they found!

Can they keep this attitude? Can they remain humble, and focused on improvement? Who knows. But, the signs are encouraging!