• The KillerFrogs

Anyone know the color code for TCU purple in actual Paint? Like GLidden or Sherwin Williams?

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
I was actually thinking it was early in the New Testament, when Mary rode Joseph’s ass all the way to Bethlehem.
giphy.gif

McFroggin

Appreciate the quick response. I have found those but no way to translate into a paint code.

Sherwin Williams allows you to “name” your paint color. I went in 1 day explaining that I wanted the codes described above. They couldn’t figure it out, but they searched their database - someone did it already and named it TCU Purple. My guy found it at a Houston store even though it was originally done in Fort Worth. It’s accurate. That should do it for you.

H0RNEDFR0G

This will convert it to the brand you want. Keep in mind there is not always a perfect match, as this would require an infinite supply of paint choices (which is available through mixing as others have mentioned). It will be highly dependent on your lighting regardless.

https://www.easyrgb.com/en/match.php#inputFORM

Or3Bm79.png

Tried it and that's what I got. I think 2nd row, 1st column #42207A is your best bet. 1st row 1st column is the color per the parameters. Top right is "closer" but I don't like what it did to the shade.