• The KillerFrogs

Anyone heard how Tank's surgery went?

McFroggin

QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Apr 10 2010, 09:48 AM) [snapback]542857[/snapback]
Weren't they just going to scope it to determine what was wrong and what needed to be done?

I'm not saying they did anything with Tank, but if you are already sticking a scope in a shoulder, it often makes sense to go ahead and fix what you find.....assuming you can.

Limp Lizard

I think most shoulder surgery nowdays is done with the scope. Often they don't know exactly what to do until they get in there. Then they do what they have to right then. I had my shoulder worked on last summer.

In my case, when they got in there, they found a torn labrum and had to fix it with a screw. The initial diagnosis was just an impingement. More involved surgery, somewhat longer recovery time. But it could have been much worse, too.

Hopefully when they get in there it will not be as bad as feared. From what I found out from my own experience is that the shoulder joint is very complex and crowded, thus the need to get in there before a final decision is made.

EEFrog

QUOTE(McFroggin @ Apr 10 2010, 10:02 AM) [snapback]542860[/snapback]
I'm not saying they did anything with Tank, but if you are already sticking a scope in a shoulder, it often makes sense to go ahead and fix what you find.....assuming you can.

Scopes are minimally invasive. If no actually work is done on the shoulder, then it literally takes no time to recover. Depending on the severity of what the scope shows will determine where the doctors and Tank decide to go from there.

Edit: Or what LL said

jack the frog

QUOTE(Limp Lizard @ Apr 10 2010, 11:10 AM) [snapback]542861[/snapback]
I think most shoulder surgery nowdays is done with the scope. Often they don't know exactly what to do until they get in there. Then they do what they have to right then. I had my shoulder worked on last summer.

In my case, when they got in there, they found a torn labrum and had to fix it with a screw. The initial diagnosis was just an impingement. More involved surgery, somewhat longer recovery time. But it could have been much worse, too.

Hopefully when they get in there it will not be as bad as feared. From what I found out from my own experience is that the shoulder joint is very complex and crowded, thus the need to get in there before a final decision is made.

"Patterson said the severity of the injury won't fully be known until doctors get a look inside Carder's shoulder. Patterson declined to elaborate for fear of giving season-opening opponent Oregon State a target, should Carder return."

http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index....amp;qpid=542861

I don't know if the scope was exploratory only or if they were going to repair it on the same trip if it was determined not to be complicated.

Limp, I had a shoulder impingment and bursa sac deal also. Although not completely crippling, it took roughly 8 months to heal and robs you of much strength and is a constant source of pain. I wonder if that might be worse in Tanks case than finding a little gravel to clean out. I also discovered how complex the shoulder is. Takes along time to get those 6 muscle groups back into alignment after you mess 'em up.

joejordan

Potential new FFF word: Tank - n. - as in, 'Bobby could pull a Tank next year.' Meaning: To undergo surgery in the Spring and come back to lead your team in tackles the next season.

Time will tell. Will to heal, Tank!

gdu

QUOTE(Trelvis @ Apr 10 2010, 08:15 PM) [snapback]542904[/snapback]
Think I saw him on the sidelines today with his arm in a sling

He was there talking to Jerry and Daryl. I'll post pics in a bit.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Doctors had to remove the arm, then removed the other for balance. He plans to head butt people to the ground, but will be ready to go by the opener. No word on what he will do about his arm bands. Probably put them on his legs.

jack the frog

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 10 2010, 08:36 PM) [snapback]542996[/snapback]
Doctors had to remove the arm, then removed the other for balance. He plans to head butt people to the ground, but will be ready to go by the opener. No word on what he will do about his arm bands. Probably put them on his legs.

Tis but a scratch....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhRUe-gz690