• The KillerFrogs

anyone got a photo of the #7 poster TCU made

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Aug 6 2010, 01:31 PM) [snapback]608509[/snapback]
Yes, it is lame to make a poster celebrating anything other than #1. Does anybody else do that?

Yes. The team you donate money to since you are a member of the Longhorn Foundation.

ut-champs.jpg

gdu

QUOTE(57Frog @ Aug 7 2010, 11:04 AM) [snapback]608833[/snapback]
Most people ,being polite , seldom give an opinion unless it is asked for . Or at least asked for by implication .
If you're an attorney ,you know better than this .
Evidently you're trying to impress people that you "know it all " and /or your opinion is very important .
I'm out of this .
Go Frogs .

Nope, just sharing my opinion; not trying to impress anyone or say my opinion is any more important than others in this matter.

And I hope you've never given an unsolicited opinion on here, though it is highly unlikely that is the case.

gdu

QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ Aug 7 2010, 11:21 AM) [snapback]608836[/snapback]
Yes. The team you donate money to since you are a member of the Longhorn Foundation.

ut-champs.jpg

didn't realize that was a poster. It's actually quite the opposite. Posters are for the public. That was a very private display. Either way, I said it was lame too, so I'm not real sure what point you would be trying to make. What I don't remember was Texas making #4 (or whereever they finish that year) posters.

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Aug 7 2010, 05:16 PM) [snapback]608919[/snapback]
didn't realize that was a poster. It's actually quite the opposite. Posters are for the public. That was a very private display. Either way, I said it was lame too, so I'm not real sure what point you would be trying to make. What I don't remember was Texas making #4 (or whereever they finish that year) posters.

I saw it in person and I guarantee it was not private.

gdu

QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ Aug 7 2010, 06:13 PM) [snapback]608926[/snapback]
I saw it in person and I guarantee it was not private.

It was in a team room not on a poster for fans. Either way, it was lame too so I'm not sure how that is supposed to help you make a point.

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Aug 7 2010, 10:42 PM) [snapback]608970[/snapback]
It was in a team room not on a poster for fans. Either way, it was lame too so I'm not sure how that is supposed to help you make a point.

You obviously were not there before.

But go on pretending like you know more than everyone else.

Bandwagon

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Aug 6 2010, 06:31 PM) [snapback]608509[/snapback]
Yes, it is lame to make a poster celebrating anything other than #1. Does anybody else do that?

Think I read that UT made Texas champion rings, when they won nothing but a higher ranking than anybody in Texas (not #1 though). Probably mistaken, or bought into somebody's bs. My memory is fading...

joejordan

Why would any school want to produce a poster commemorating a great season? Perhaps only schools with aspirations, to develop a heritage - something to build on, fire up the core fans, a publicity stunt to make sure the achievement was noted...lots of reasons.

This will (eh, it should, but likely won't, I don't think he has it in him) make gdu eat his words, because I'm sure he doesn't think his wife's alma mater would stoop (ha!) to such low (what was the word? lame?) actions. And if they did, it would be during their 'struggling' years.

topper-texas.jpg

gdu

QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ Aug 7 2010, 11:42 PM) [snapback]608973[/snapback]
You obviously were not there before.

But go on pretending like you know more than everyone else.

not sure how I am "pretendingn like I know more than everyone else." I've toured the texas facilities. I've been it that room.

gdu

QUOTE(Bandwagon @ Aug 8 2010, 02:39 AM) [snapback]608990[/snapback]
Think I read that UT made Texas champion rings, when they won nothing but a higher ranking than anybody in Texas (not #1 though). Probably mistaken, or bought into somebody's bs. My memory is fading...

Also incredibly lame.

gdu

QUOTE(crunch @ Aug 8 2010, 03:34 AM) [snapback]608992[/snapback]
Why would any school want to produce a poster commemorating a great season? Perhaps only schools with aspirations, to develop a heritage - something to build on, fire up the core fans, a publicity stunt to make sure the achievement was noted...lots of reasons.

This will (eh, it should, but likely won't, I don't think he has it in him) make gdu eat his words, because I'm sure he doesn't think his wife's alma mater would stoop (ha!) to such low (what was the word? lame?) actions. And if they did, it would be during their 'struggling' years.
topper-texas.jpg

so make a great season poster that mentions the #7 ranking, rather than one simply celebrating finishing #7.

I think it is funny how you guys keep pointing out things that Texas did (all of which I have previously called lame) in an attempt to make what TCU did seem less lame.

Look, I'm fine with y'all not thinking a #7 poster is lame, but I do.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(tcugdu @ Aug 8 2010, 09:18 AM) [snapback]609024[/snapback]
so make a great season poster that mentions the #7 ranking, rather than one simply celebrating finishing #7.

I think it is funny how you guys keep pointing out things that Texas did (all of which I have previously called lame) in an attempt to make what TCU did seem less lame.

Look, I'm fine with y'all not thinking a #7 poster is lame, but I do.

You might be as dumb as you are arrogant ... it's not a poster (size 1x2) as much as it was a promotional piece for season ticket renewals commemorating the school's highest final ranking in half a century as well as it commemorates the Poinsettia Bowl win over BSU. Again ... it was a promotional piece for season ticket renewals. That's all it was. Do you get it? Yes, but you are going to continue to suck and argue and be a d-weed anway.

TheSheik

QUOTE(57Frog @ Aug 7 2010, 11:04 AM) [snapback]608833[/snapback]
Most people ,being polite , seldom give an opinion unless it is asked for . Or at least asked for by implication .
If you're an attorney ,you know better than this .
Evidently you're trying to impress people that you "know it all " and /or your opinion is very important .
I'm out of this .
Go Frogs .

academyawards5.gif

gdu

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Aug 8 2010, 03:50 PM) [snapback]609142[/snapback]
You might be as dumb as you are arrogant ... it's not a poster (size 1x2) as much as it was a promotional piece for season ticket renewals commemorating the school's highest final ranking in half a century as well as it commemorates the Poinsettia Bowl win over BSU. Again ... it was a promotional piece for season ticket renewals. That's all it was. Do you get it? Yes, but you are going to continue to suck and argue and be a d-weed anway.

how the hell would I know what size it was? I already said I haven't seen it. The thread start called it a 'poster' in the thread title so that is why I called it a poster.