• The KillerFrogs

Any talk of this being a CWS team....

ShreveFrog

Nunez, Bishop, and Maxwell/Boyers need to click. Would be nice if Byrne could contribute more, too. Then there’s the bullpen and fourth starter.
Two midweek games this week.
Let’s go, men.

TooColdU

WVU was picked 6th in the preseason poll.They will not finish that low.The team has shown power,speed and good pitching so far.Youth in the outfield has created a few errors but they are adjusting and Mazey has made adjustments.The schedule not been as strong as some other teams in the B12 but they have taken care of business.Currently on 9 game win streak.
Good For You GIF by FOX TV

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
As predicted #11 to NR

We still have a chance to put things together. Pitching Pitching and Relief Pitching. Mostly the latter
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha

Its not where you start, its where you finish.......

You purple colored glasses morons are INCREDIBLE.

If the fielding is awful, the pitching is awful, the hitting is below average and the coaching game management is below average (taking out a guy hitting .400+mid game AND PUTTING IN A GUY HITTING .190 is poor game management).

All the other Top 25 teams are improving every week. This team is going BACKWARDS!!!!!
Talk about improving and finishing strong is lame.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha

Its not where you start, its where you finish.......

You purple colored glasses morons are INCREDIBLE.

If the fielding is awful, the pitching is awful, the hitting is below average and the coaching game management is below average (taking out a guy hitting .400+mid game AND PUTTING IN A GUY HITTING .190 is poor game management).

All the other Top 25 teams are improving every week. This team is going BACKWARDS!!!!!
Talk about improving and finishing strong is lame.
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, has feathers and wings like a duck and looks like a duck.... Its a scheissing duck!!!

ShreveFrog

I remember 2014 (with help from Google.) It was early April. We were barely .500 overall and had lost conference series to Tech and OSU. Looked like another meh baseball season. But we went to the Saturday double dip vs. WVU anyway because we were already there after watching the football spring "game."
We swept WVU in the series (including a 1-hit SO by Preston Morrison) and the Frogs had caught fire. The sweep was part of a 24-3 regular season finish that included win streaks of 7 and 13. Won all 4 games in the Big XII Tournament. Won all 3 games to win the Regional we hosted (including the 22 inning marathon vs. Sam Houston.) Beat Pepperdine in the Super Regional we hosted 2 games to 1, advancing to the first of 4 straight CWS. (Beat Tech, lost to UVA and Ole Miss.)

Bottom line: It's baseball. It's early. We can get it together.

TooColdU

I remember 2014 (with help from Google.) It was early April. We were barely .500 overall and had lost conference series to Tech and OSU. Looked like another meh baseball season. But we went to the Saturday double dip vs. WVU anyway because we were already there after watching the football spring "game."
We swept WVU in the series (including a 1-hit SO by Preston Morrison) and the Frogs had caught fire. The sweep was part of a 24-3 regular season finish that included win streaks of 7 and 13. Won all 4 games in the Big XII Tournament. Won all 3 games to win the Regional we hosted (including the 22 inning marathon vs. Sam Houston.) Beat Pepperdine in the Super Regional we hosted 2 games to 1, advancing to the first of 4 straight CWS. (Beat Tech, lost to UVA and Ole Miss.)

Bottom line: It's baseball. It's early. We can get it together.

Ugh don't remind me. I look at this pitching staff and it pains me to think we didn't win it all.

82AC912E-B6FC-4F61-B642-8BF11784DEF0.jpeg

ShreveFrog

What happened to our hitting? Those first couple of games were so promising.
I'd like us to settle on a batting order. I'd go back to Nunez at leadoff. He makes pitchers work. So our guys get a good look before their first AB. Follow with Richardson. Have speed on the bases and the pitcher in trouble when he faces Taylor and Davis. This experiment of Taylor and Davis leading off is -- well, I don't want to insult our coaching. But I don't understand it.
After cleanup hitter Davis (in my lineup) it appears Bowen and Fontenelle want to hit. And after them, I'd say Bishop, Maxwell/Boyers and Silva (hopefully healthy). (I'd platoon Maxwell and Boyers in LF.)

MadFrog

I'd like us to settle on a batting order. I'd go back to Nunez at leadoff. He makes pitchers work. So our guys get a good look before their first AB. Follow with Richardson. Have speed on the bases and the pitcher in trouble when he faces Taylor and Davis. This experiment of Taylor and Davis leading off is -- well, I don't want to insult our coaching. But I don't understand it.
After cleanup hitter Davis (in my lineup) it appears Bowen and Fontenelle want to hit. And after them, I'd say Bishop, Maxwell/Boyers and Silva (hopefully healthy). (I'd platoon Maxwell and Boyers in LF.)
I like a set lineup also. However, I would find a way to bench Bishop and Boyers. They consistently let us down. You can use them in blowouts only.

ShreveFrog

@MadFrog - Bishop's hitting .250 and OB .340, but has seen a power drop-off. I can live with that since I don't see anyone else who's ready to play 1B, other than maybe Fontenelle. Hopefully Bishop takes a step forward. Same with Boyers. I'd still play him vs. lefties. Maxwell's hacks on lefties don't look very good.

hometown frog

Hopefully w Silva getting back on the field, these random lineups and defensive alignments go away somewhat.

Nunez
Tre
BTay
Davis
Fonetelle
Bowen
Bishop
Maxwell/Boyers
Silva
(and I can argue that I really liked that Eli/Austin 1/2 combo to start the season. Puts a TON of pressure on a defense right out of the gate to execute perfectly or else duDes are standing on 3B real quick. So I’d be OK w Tre getting into that 5/6 spot if so.)

Spike

Have boxscores? How many times did this happen?
Don't feel like googling it but since it's useless sports trivia I can remember it pretty well. Just don't ask me what I did last weekend. Paul Garrish was our Tuesday starter in 2009 and 20210 (of course by 2010 we had Winkler and Purke). We would play some pretty good big 12 Teams on Tuesdays then get batting practice from the MWC on the weekends. Fun times!