• The KillerFrogs

Any talk of this being a CWS team....

Paint It Purple

So far, our fielding has been ghastly. Our pitchers are getting shelled. We haven't shown a great deal of confidence at the plate. Combined, these factors have resulted in a pretty awful record given our opposition. Yes, there have been injuries. Yes, we were missing some starters. And, yes, it is early. I grant all these things. Yet, you are what your record says you are.

Will things turn around? Hopefully. Our roster isn't filled with schmoes, and we know they can play the game. They'll find their rhythm here soon enough. I'd rather start weak and finish strong, with visible improvement every week.
When Porter Brown starts hitting it will all come together for this team.

NewFrogFan

texas state is pretty damn salty hitting the baseball

they have 4 guys who have hit 5 or more home runs and as a team had a very smart approach at the plate

second uta loss looked like sloan was using the same approach as the first game and they were ready for him
I know TSU is a decent team year after year but…….TCU went 7-5 in Tue/Wed games last year, I’m just not getting that “feeling”. How many thought TCU would lose ANY/MANY Tues games after Vandy and Arky? As it turns out, the defense or lack there of, against Mizzou is much more common than I thought it would be also. YMMV.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
Predicting a team's chances of the CWS based on performance of a few games in early March is not realistic. It's chicken little cry baby crap.

Same type of people who watched the first half of the football game against Colorado last September and said we'd have a middling season.
Talk to me in late May........... $100 says you wrong!

blueduck313

It only matters how you do in your conference games and how you are playing at the end of the season not the beginning. The whole first part of this season has been finding out who can pitch when conference games begin and what young players can hit. Hopefully most of those questions have been answered. On to Oklahoma

LSU Game Attendee

Might help with the 9 walks or however many we had the other night.
Charlie Sheen Baseball GIF by Comedy Central

Spike

I know TSU is a decent team year after year but…….TCU went 7-5 in Tue/Wed games last year, I’m just not getting that “feeling”. How many thought TCU would lose ANY/MANY Tues games after Vandy and Arky? As it turns out, the defense or lack there of, against Mizzou is much more common than I thought it would be also. YMMV.

Hard to compare beating Vandy or Arky w your Friday and Saturday starters to losing to Texas State w/ your 4th best. Wouldn't surprise me if they threw their best pitcher on Tuesdays like we did back in the MWC days. Tuesday games are a weird animal. Unfortunately we don't seem to have the luxury of a Mitchell Traver or Tyler Alexander for our midweek games anymore. I take solace in knowing we beat DBU on a Tuesday this year.

FrogBall09

Hard to compare beating Vandy or Arky w your Friday and Saturday starters to losing to Texas State w/ your 4th best. Wouldn't surprise me if they threw their best pitcher on Tuesdays like we did back in the MWC days. Tuesday games are a weird animal. Unfortunately we don't seem to have the luxury of a Mitchell Traver or Tyler Alexander for our midweek games anymore. I take solace in knowing we beat DBU on a Tuesday this year.
They started a junior who has not started a game all year, is averaging less than 2 inning per appearance out of the bullpen and has about a 5.0 lifetime ERA

It was a bad loss - midweek doesn’t make it better

boonecountyman

WVU was picked 6th in the preseason poll.They will not finish that low.The team has shown power,speed and good pitching so far.Youth in the outfield has created a few errors but they are adjusting and Mazey has made adjustments.The schedule not been as strong as some other teams in the B12 but they have taken care of business.Currently on 9 game win streak.