• The KillerFrogs

Any talk of this being a CWS team....

TCUWIN

Need better, more consistent pitching. The program was built on pitching. I remember losing games 1-0, 2-1 and wishing we had some offense.

LVH

I don't watch a lot of college baseball, but aren't midweek games glorified scrimmages for larger programs (like ours) who don't throw any of their top 3 starters, while for smaller programs (like Texas State) they go all out in these games against larger programs to get a win and boost their RPI?

SoonerFrogs

I don't watch a lot of college baseball, but aren't midweek games glorified scrimmages for larger programs (like ours) who don't throw any of their top 3 starters, while for smaller programs (like Texas State) they go all out in these games against larger programs to get a win and boost their RPI?
winning road games is good for RPI

froglash88

I’m not so sure that someone being realistic is a chicken little.

I think we are going to find our rotation as we get deeper into the season. Hopefully it’s one that can help us achieve our goals. The fielding on the other hand has been nothing to write home about. How many times are we going to lose sight of a pop up? In one inning last night, 2 pop ups just barely foul of the infield hit the ground.

I’m not so sure that someone being realistic is a chicken little.

I think we are going to find our rotation as we get deeper into the season. Hopefully it’s one that can help us achieve our goals. The fielding on the other hand has been nothing to write home about. How many times are we going to lose sight of a pop up? In one inning last night, 2 pop ups just barely foul of the infield hit the ground last night.
Predicting a team's chances of the CWS based on performance of a few games in early March is not realistic. It's chicken little cry baby crap.

Same type of people who watched the first half of the football game against Colorado last September and said we'd have a middling season.

NewFrogFan

A quick check of my other teams schedule so far this year shows they have run-ruled 3 Tuesday opponents already…..you would think those smaller schools would try harder to beat #1 based on your theory?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Predicting a team's chances of the CWS based on performance of a few games in early March is not realistic. It's chicken little cry baby crap.

Same type of people who watched the first half of the football game against Colorado last September and said we'd have a middling season.
So far, our fielding has been ghastly. Our pitchers are getting shelled. We haven't shown a great deal of confidence at the plate. Combined, these factors have resulted in a pretty awful record given our opposition. Yes, there have been injuries. Yes, we were missing some starters. And, yes, it is early. I grant all these things. Yet, you are what your record says you are.

Will things turn around? Hopefully. Our roster isn't filled with schmoes, and we know they can play the game. They'll find their rhythm here soon enough. I'd rather start weak and finish strong, with visible improvement every week.

NewFrogFan

I did not have that feeling in the Colorado game as improvement came quickly. I did think after watching Arky and Vandy games this might be something special.
Last Friday was probably one of the worst games I have seen TCU play, ….ever.
Last night had some of the drama as that game. My bet is more bad news to come. YMMV.

Eight

A quick check of my other teams schedule so far this year shows they have run-ruled 3 Tuesday opponents already…..you would think those smaller schools would try harder to beat #1 based on your theory?

texas state is pretty damn salty hitting the baseball

they have 4 guys who have hit 5 or more home runs and as a team had a very smart approach at the plate

second uta loss looked like sloan was using the same approach as the first game and they were ready for him