• The KillerFrogs

Any news trickling out about yesterday’s Scrimmage yet?

SnoSki

i'm so glad the iphone wasn't invented until 30 years after i graduated from college
Social media didn’t really catch on until the second semester of my senior year in HS. Soooooo thankful that my idiot self didn’t have a twitter account at 15.

An attribute of a good QB is the ability to be innovated when a play goes awry. A talent

that Boykin seem to have mastered and Hill seem to lack. "Chicken salad out of ......."

Eight

I do too. I remember Pryor being considered a major bust before he arrived and now he’s about to stick with the eagles. Noteboom was also anything but a future NFL guy.

i agree that ct has had a major impact on this program in regards to the development of the offensive line and the consistency in the type of offensive linemen recruited into the program.

confused though by your comment on pryor being considered a major bust before ct. finding high school tape of pryor before the 2013 is akin to finding tape of big foot and db cooper. never heard a complete explanation as to the why for matt other than he was not eligible to play football at lakewood until 2013. he was being contacted by other programs when the signed with the frogs, but neither rivals or 247 even rated the guy coming out of high school.

what is very interesting about matt's class is that might be one of the great offensive line class in tcu history in regards to nfl talent with morris, noteboom, and pryor all with a chance to make the nfl. highest rated of those 3 was morris who wasn't even a top 500 prospect coming out of high school.

4th. down

i agree that ct has had a major impact on this program in regards to the development of the offensive line and the consistency in the type of offensive linemen recruited into the program.

confused though by your comment on pryor being considered a major bust before ct. finding high school tape of pryor before the 2013 is akin to finding tape of big foot and db cooper. never heard a complete explanation as to the why for matt other than he was not eligible to play football at lakewood until 2013. he was being contacted by other programs when the signed with the frogs, but neither rivals or 247 even rated the guy coming out of high school.

what is very interesting about matt's class is that might be one of the great offensive line class in tcu history in regards to nfl talent with morris, noteboom, and pryor all with a chance to make the nfl. highest rated of those 3 was morris who wasn't even a top 500 prospect coming out of high school.

Yep, we've got some coaches - GP knows, and speaking of that, we have to figure out a way to keep Sonny a couple of more years. Just guessing, I would say he's about $800,000 now plus bonuses. After this year if it turns out like it might, maybe bump him to a mil.

Eight

Has been a lot of buzz about John Stephens Jr (even an east coast guy mentioned him last week) and this piece by JC seems to confirm that he is standing out:

https://247sports.com/college/tcu/A...m-the-first-week-of-TCUs-fall-camp-120636535/

bumping around the internet last night and came across a list from dandy don for the top 100 recruits for louisiana for 2019 ( he actually has warren as the top de in the boot this year).

look at his list from 2018 and stephens is supposedly the 72nd highest rated recruit in the state. no damn way. i have no idea what people were looking at on john because he has the frame, the desire, the bloodlines, the upside, and freakish athletic ability

caught a great deal of crap from a ut friend i play golf with that barber, hunt, and stephens would be the best frosh trio of receivers in the 12 this year and that i felt hunt and stephens upside was bigger than eagles and woodard

MinFrog

bumping around the internet last night and came across a list from dandy don for the top 100 recruits for louisiana for 2019 ( he actually has warren as the top de in the boot this year).

look at his list from 2018 and stephens is supposedly the 72nd highest rated recruit in the state. no damn way. i have no idea what people were looking at on john because he has the frame, the desire, the bloodlines, the upside, and freakish athletic ability

caught a great deal of crap from a ut friend i play golf with that barber, hunt, and stephens would be the best frosh trio of receivers in the 12 this year and that i felt hunt and stephens upside was bigger than eagles and woodard
And it even seems the shine is off Eagles already down south.

FrogLifeYo

Could it be said that Boykin was a better decision maker? Or is that a stretch?
I don’t think so...17 Hill vs 14 Boykin...Clearly Boykin was more explosive and had more success but Hill had a damn efficient 17. Probably even more so than Boykin had in 14..Having said that, if you don’t have the feet/arm to get yourself out of jams, you better be a pretty good decision maker. Hill was astronomically better at that in 17 than 16..consequently we won 11 games

When all is said and done SR will need to protect the ball and covert 3rd downs at a high percentage. That will be enough with this defense to win the conference. If we are lucky enough to see some Boykin like feet/arm...We might get to the playoffs

ifrog

I highly doubt this board will wait until halftime of the OSU game. It'll probably start after about 2 incompletetions in the SMU game.

I would say 2 incompletetions into the Southern game but SR may not have 2 incompletetions in that one.

No doubt about that.

4th. down

I don’t think so...17 Hill vs 14 Boykin...Clearly Boykin was more explosive and had more success but Hill had a damn efficient 17. Probably even more so than Boykin had in 14..Having said that, if you don’t have the feet/arm to get yourself out of jams, you better be a pretty good decision maker. Hill was astronomically better at that in 17 than 16..consequently we won 11 games

When all is said and done SR will need to protect the ball and covert 3rd downs at a high percentage. That will be enough with this defense to win the conference. If we are lucky enough to see some Boykin like feet/arm...We might get to the playoffs

"When all is said and done SR will need to protect the ball and covert 3rd downs at a high percentage. That will be enough with this defense to win the conference. If we are lucky enough to see some Boykin like feet/arm...We might get to the playoffs" This sums it up in one paragraph. Convert and limited turnovers and we can have a very good season. Will get some arguments here, but believe Shawn will be able to improvise like Boykin did.