• The KillerFrogs

Any news trickling out about yesterday’s Scrimmage yet?

I don’t think Shawn Robinson will be as controversial as a Kenny Hill because he wasn’t an A&M transplant and/or wasn’t mentored by Johnny Manziel. I think Kenny Hill’s antics at A&M rubbed people the wrong way and thus gave him a huge uphill battle to climp with his perception at TCU.

Shawn, on the other hand, has had no characters issues before and picked the Frogs from the start.

For me Hill throwing picks and poorly off his back foot was my main problem with him.

LeagueCityFrog

From everything I've been told by people who know what is going on inside the program and what I've read, coupled with zero gripes coming out of Gary and even a couple of mild grins, I think we are in for an awesome season. They are pulling a LT and holding out our top two running backs from practice to keep them healthy and the third running back, the new juco transfer, is doing awesome too. This is a product of program continuity, winning against legit bowl opponents, investment in facilities, and TCU and Fort Worth's continuous rise, and an explosion in our recruiting since 2014. Dividends are now being paid. We just got to get over the OU hump now.

netty2424

Based on the nuggets hanging out there the offensive line situation is looking like the best depth we’ve had in years..:There’s some heated competitions going down at RG and LT..
Not sure I'm sold on that yet. Couple weeks ago it was "if we can string together an offensive line" to now its "we're deep at every position."
Hope it's accurate, I'm just in a wait and see mode myself.

FrogLifeYo

Not sure I'm sold on that yet. Couple weeks ago it was "if we can string together an offensive line" to now its "we're deep at every position."
Hope it's accurate, I'm just in a wait and see mode myself.

Yah...I’m not sure of how good we’ll be but It does appear we will have quite a few interchangeable parts which is a great thing on the offensive line. I will say we had question marks last year about the offensive line and the strides they made under CT were remarkable. Not to many around here, or the program, pegged 4 NFL guys to come out of that group. I have hope that we have the players and the right OL coach in place and that 70% of the battle.

cheese83

I don’t think Shawn Robinson will be as controversial as a Kenny Hill because he wasn’t an A&M transplant and/or wasn’t mentored by Johnny Manziel. I think Kenny Hill’s antics at A&M rubbed people the wrong way and thus gave him a huge uphill battle to climp with his perception at TCU.

Shawn, on the other hand, has had no characters issues before and picked the Frogs from the start.

I had no idea there was a poor perception of Kenny bc he played at A&M and knew Manziel. I always thought it was bc he was overrated after a quick start and lacked arm strength. Seemed like a good kid to me.

SnoSki

I have a sneaking suspicion that Chris Thomsen is a freaking awesome OL coach.
I do too. I remember Pryor being considered a major bust before he arrived and now he’s about to stick with the eagles. Noteboom was also anything but a future NFL guy.

SnoSki

I had no idea there was a poor perception of Kenny bc he played at A&M and knew Manziel. I always thought it was bc he was overrated after a quick start and lacked arm strength. Seemed like a good kid to me.

I mean, there was the whole passed-out-in-the-flowerbed thing at A&M..