• The KillerFrogs

Any news trickling out about yesterday’s Scrimmage yet?

LisaLT

I think the first scrimmage and the last scrimmage were very successful from all accounts that matter. And I mean Roll Toad. He knows everything. I trust him 100%.

xoxo

4th. down

I think the first scrimmage and the last scrimmage were very successful from all accounts that matter. And I mean Roll Toad. He knows everything. I trust him 100%.

xoxo

It's like Moose has stated before, if you want good, up to date info. on TCU football, basketball, and baseball, you are going to have to pay the price - go to Horned Frog Blitz 247 and you won't be disappointed.

Eight

national sports media talk about the time around the baseball all-start game as being somewhat of a black hole for sports for a variety of reasons.

if you are a tcu football fan you should know we have just entered our 2-week black hole of news about the team. happens every season since gary has been the coach, everyone knows patterson is serious about what information is allowed to pass in and out about the team be it good or bad, and the entire complex might as well be area 51.

this isn't new, in two weeks game week gary will re-appear for the press conference about playing southern and it shouldn't come as a surprise when we find out players have moved up the depth chart, to other positions, sides of the ball, slid down the depth chart, and even gotten hurt. this news vacuum happens every year for the two weeks before the start of the season.

patterson has said this is when the team starts taking shape, they begin to transition away from teaching and into game planning and we all know it will be over in a couple of weeks.

as many have pointed out, the guy with the best link to accurate information on the program is jeremy clark and a big part is he has won gary's trust. we all know that means jeremy won't be talking about who is getting whipped in practice or struggling or is dominating. you will get what info gary is okay with what is getting out.

some programs are more open and others are the same. all i care the next couple of weeks is the team overall stays healthy, but no one should be surprised by the lack of news on the last scrimmage, the next few weeks, and you know the alternative.

CountryFrog

It's like Moose has stated before, if you want good, up to date info. on TCU football, basketball, and baseball, you are going to have to pay the price - go to Horned Frog Blitz 247 and you won't be disappointed.
This is most likely correct. I'll trust you guys who shell out the big dollars.

There is another option to learning about the team though. Wait until the season starts and find out for yourself when it really means something. This is my preferred option. If you can't wait, though, the above info seems to be the way to go.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.

xoxo
uGWzJ99.gif

jake102

As someone who doesn't care enough/have enough time to follow recruiting, I typically drop my 247 subscription every January and then pick it back up sometime in the summer months when they run promotions. I just signed up and paid $10 for five months of 247 which should get me to the end of the season. Very cheap price to pay to get the most insider of info on the team. Today's scrimmage "nuggets" were worth the $10 by itself

LeagueCityFrog

As someone who doesn't care enough/have enough time to follow recruiting, I typically drop my 247 subscription every January and then pick it back up sometime in the summer months when they run promotions. I just signed up and paid $10 for five months of 247 which should get me to the end of the season. Very cheap price to pay to get the most insider of info on the team. Today's scrimmage "nuggets" were worth the $10 by itself

Would you please share and paste the link of where you paid $10 bucks for 5 months?

4th. down

Compare our situation where we have two very talented (though unproven) options at QB with UT who has 4 QBs right, two that aren't very good and two that are true freshman.

Man I love Cumbie.

We all do Mini and the reports are solid on the QB competition. Good time for us Frogs but maybe we better put all this in the be back later file and re evaluate at halftime of the OSU game.

CountryFrog

We all do Mini and the reports are solid on the QB competition. Good time for us Frogs but maybe we better put all this in the be back later file and re evaluate at halftime of the OSU game.
I highly doubt this board will wait until halftime of the OSU game. It'll probably start after about 2 incompletetions in the SMU game.

I would say 2 incompletetions into the Southern game but SR may not have 2 incompletetions in that one.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I highly doubt this board will wait until halftime of the OSU game. It'll probably start after about 2 incompletetions in the SMU game.

I would say 2 incompletetions into the Southern game but SR may not have 2 incompletetions in that one.
Nope. We score on the first drive. Put in the entire 4th string offense for the rest of the game. And the defense holds Southern to -465 yards.

TooColdU

I don’t think Shawn Robinson will be as controversial as a Kenny Hill because he wasn’t an A&M transplant and/or wasn’t mentored by Johnny Manziel. I think Kenny Hill’s antics at A&M rubbed people the wrong way and thus gave him a huge uphill battle to climp with his perception at TCU.

Shawn, on the other hand, has had no characters issues before and picked the Frogs from the start.

4th. down

Yeah, we are an impatient group for sure. if the offensive skill players can stay healthy we may be playing in the championship game again. One important point that's in our favor is we get both Oklahoma teams at the Carter.

netty2424

national sports media talk about the time around the baseball all-start game as being somewhat of a black hole for sports for a variety of reasons.

if you are a tcu football fan you should know we have just entered our 2-week black hole of news about the team. happens every season since gary has been the coach, everyone knows patterson is serious about what information is allowed to pass in and out about the team be it good or bad, and the entire complex might as well be area 51.

this isn't new, in two weeks game week gary will re-appear for the press conference about playing southern and it shouldn't come as a surprise when we find out players have moved up the depth chart, to other positions, sides of the ball, slid down the depth chart, and even gotten hurt. this news vacuum happens every year for the two weeks before the start of the season.

patterson has said this is when the team starts taking shape, they begin to transition away from teaching and into game planning and we all know it will be over in a couple of weeks.

as many have pointed out, the guy with the best link to accurate information on the program is jeremy clark and a big part is he has won gary's trust. we all know that means jeremy won't be talking about who is getting whipped in practice or struggling or is dominating. you will get what info gary is okay with what is getting out.

some programs are more open and others are the same. all i care the next couple of weeks is the team overall stays healthy, but no one should be surprised by the lack of news on the last scrimmage, the next few weeks, and you know the alternative.
Got any cliff notes?

PhillyFrog

I don’t think Shawn Robinson will be as controversial as a Kenny Hill because he wasn’t an A&M transplant and/or wasn’t mentored by Johnny Manziel. I think Kenny Hill’s antics at A&M rubbed people the wrong way and thus gave him a huge uphill battle to climp with his perception at TCU.

Shawn, on the other hand, has had no characters issues before and picked the Frogs from the start.

^^^Money^^^