• The KillerFrogs

Any idea when the Fiesta Bowl trophy will be on display?

Mean Purple

"According to Fiesta Bowl vice president of communications Scott Leightman, the trophy is valued at around $1.4 million. It’s 46 inches tall and weighs more than 200 pounds. Both Michigan and TCU have about 40 players on their rosters who weigh less, including Michigan starting quarterback J.J. McCarthy.

The trophy’s hefty valuation is mostly due to the football that rests on top, which can be removed from the rest of the trophy. It’s made of gold, and the stripes near each end are covered in 2,187 pavé-set diamonds that weigh a total of 50 carats. The football has an internal power source that keeps it illuminated even when removed. (In fact, a different Fiesta Bowl staffer told MLive the ball alone was worth more than a million and the entire trophy was closer to $2.5 million.)"

HFrog1999

Actually Mark Cohen was carrying it off the field and tripped on the sideline and it's smashed to pieces now.

premier league oops GIF by BBC

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
The Fiesta Bowl Trophy created by Molina Fine Jewelers now resides at the Ziegler Fiesta Bowl Museum for everyone to enjoy. The museum is located at 7135 East Camelback Road, #190, Scottsdale, Arizona 85251…

What's the idea behind winning a trophy if you don't get to keep it. Even the Stanley Cup can be paraded around by the winners for a year.

Bo Orlando

The Fiesta is definitely a Stunning trophy to see, even though I usually prefer the kind you can drink out of as well. May have been mentioned already, but it was on display at that "Playoff Fan Central" Event at the LA Convention Center - downtown -- along with Rose, Orange, Peach, Natty, and Heisman Trophies. You could take pictures next to each (modern miracle they didn't even charge! unlike the $35 chicken finger basket). The Fiesta Trophy was by far the best looking of them all. Glad to post a pic if anyone wants to see what it looked like. My 14 year old son and I ended up down there Sunday after I got an alert on that CFP App, but unfortunately stayed til end and then realized I couldn't make it back to Santa Monica by 4 p.m. with LA traffic/parking, etc. so I've been totally bummed we didn't make the TCU pep rally. At least we got a few good pics of trophies the Frogs have won and saw the TCU band and showgirls perform there. Hope that real trophy makes it to TCU for a week - but they'll probably need a Brinks truck and Czech security guards for that to happen.

Mean Purple

The Fiesta is definitely a Stunning trophy to see, even though I usually prefer the kind you can drink out of as well. May have been mentioned already, but it was on display at that "Playoff Fan Central" Event at the LA Convention Center - downtown -- along with Rose, Orange, Peach, Natty, and Heisman Trophies. You could take pictures next to each (modern miracle they didn't even charge! unlike the $35 chicken finger basket). The Fiesta Trophy was by far the best looking of them all. Glad to post a pic if anyone wants to see what it looked like. My 14 year old son and I ended up down there Sunday after I got an alert on that CFP App, but unfortunately stayed til end and then realized I couldn't make it back to Santa Monica by 4 p.m. with LA traffic/parking, etc. so I've been totally bummed we didn't make the TCU pep rally. At least we got a few good pics of trophies the Frogs have won and saw the TCU band and showgirls perform there. Hope that real trophy makes it to TCU for a week - but they'll probably need a Brinks truck and Czech security guards for that to happen.
So do the Frogs just get a replica?

Bo Orlando

So do the Frogs just get a replica?
Great question. I always assumed the University receives the real trophy after winning the bowl games -- but if that thing is worth over $2 million, I'd find it hard to believe the Fiesta Bowl would create and give out one of those every year.