• The KillerFrogs

Another week, another victim. ESPN Outside the Lines: Baylor didn't investigate sex assault claim a

cdsfrog

ArgyleFrog2010 said:

wrong.... ESPN will get turnt up and report even more

Hope so. I just don't buy it. It should justify more coverage as this is basically Baylor confirming how bad the atrocities are.

If you fire Starr for this, there should be no way for Briles or the Ad to survive. But winning football matters more to Baylor than protecting victims of rape.

East Coast

Tier 1
Well, the AD could survive if there is proof he wanted to suspend or kick players off the team, and he was overruled by Starr...other than that, I'd have to agree with you...

ifrog

Chongo94 said:
"Baylor's latest sham is fooling no one"...via Chicago

"Many assume that people in Texas care only about football -- winning football. And now Baylor is living the cliché by protecting a football coach who would play a predator if it would help him score an extra touchdown against TCU."

Chongo94

cdsfrog said:

Hope so. I just don't buy it. It should justify more coverage as this is basically Baylor confirming how bad the atrocities are.

If you fire Starr for this, there should be no way for Briles or the Ad to survive. But winning football matters more to Baylor than protecting victims of rape.
Exactly, just look at the coverage they gave Tech over the Leach-James idiocy compared to this. I think Briles somehow survives it all even though he shouldn't.

USNFROG

on drudgereport.com

"Kenneth Starr, man who tried to bury Bill Clinton, now only praises him

REPORT: fired as BAYLOR president amid football sex scandal"

frognutz said:
Sources are saying the Baylor board hasn't been on the same page with Starr for years now going back to the last Big 12 crisis.
More attempts at misdirection to save Briles and Baylor football.. How many failed attempts will it take before they learn how to handle this situation?

USNFROG

"Ken Starr" and "Briles" are both trending on Twitter.  I'm not a twitter genius, but if those trending topics are regional not national let me add that I live in California

Mean Purple

Rifram09 said:
If Tressel can be fired for tattoo-gate, how do we not have enough info to fire Briles--like yesterday.

I would have to research what actions or omissions traditionally meet the meaning of "for cause," but I would be shocked if there is enough to fire Starr but not Briles.
Correct. There's likely enough to fire both of them. 
Baylor may not be worried about wrongful termination. They are likely more worried about the legal action from the vicitms. They can already fire Briles for the recruiting violations they got clipped for last season.

texas_sicilian

Pulled from Reddit, so take this post from a user with a grain of salt:

"The feeling is if the board got rid of Art (Briles), they'd be sitting in a $300 million mausoleum instead of that new football stadium," one source close to the situation told HD."

researchfrog

That came from the Longhorns (HD = Horns Digest). And, unless there are massive, unreported NCAA violations OR the team is so undisciplined that the Chad Morrises of the world are unwilling to at least use it as a stepping stone job, then it is malarkey. There are tons of coaches who would take the pay raise and use the good facilities and talented roster as a stepping stone or a low pressure job. IOW, I see it as an admission that they know their recruiting is dirty or their team would revolt against a new coach.

texas_sicilian said:
Pulled from Reddit, so take this post from a user with a grain of salt:

"The feeling is if the board got rid of Art (Briles), they'd be sitting in a $300 million mausoleum instead of that new football stadium," one source close to the situation told HD."
You would think it would dawn on them that Briles isn't worth this headache, and that 300 million dollar stadium could go a long way toward hiring a quality new coach who isn't a complete POS human.