• The KillerFrogs

Another week, another victim. ESPN Outside the Lines: Baylor didn't investigate sex assault claim a

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Pursuant to Dirtbag's post above, I think much of the outrage has to do with this: The normal Media/SJW cant on matters such as Duke Lacrosse and the recent Rolling Stone rape hoax is nearly uniform: a rain of calumny and bile. Yet, here is a bone-fide example of everything they claim to be fighting for, something that one would expect them to be fully engaged and girded for battle... And there's... Crickets.

ESPN is putting a toe in the water (and, being ESPN, it's a big toe), but the rest of the Media is strangely silent. The "Justice" Department, which one would have expected in these times to have chartered a fleet of jets to transport a phalanx of persons down to Waco to publically eviscerate a Conservative Baptist University led by none other than Ken Starr. But, no. Nothing.

This is their raison d'etre, and they're very conspicuously avoiding it. I am wondering why.

Tumbleweed

Appears Starr's office has told the Pepper Hamilton agency to stall, stall, stall.

Baylor is not about to fire Starr, McGraw or that less than dignified football coach Briles.  Baylor has a huge debt, it cannot afford to honestly man handle the football, basketball or student life programs other than delay all reports for fear of losing financial support from sources.

What they want right now is No publicity of its shortcomings!!

HToady

You know, when your student body consist of dorks that have never been taught the "birds and bees" by mom and dad, just released to no parental supervision, and thug criminal football players, that have never had to answer to anyone for anything, this kind of thing is likely to happen.

Sort of a perfect storm for sexual assualt.

TCUdirtbag

HToady said:
You know, when your student body consist of dorks that have never been taught the "birds and bees" by mom and dad, just released to no parental supervision, and thug criminal football players, that have never had to answer to anyone for anything, this kind of thing is likely to happen.

Hate to break it to you, but your implication that only sheltered kids and "thugs" (nice racist code language) are the only ones committing sexual assault is wrong.

AroundWorldFrog

BrewingFrog said:

Pursuant to Dirtbag's post above, I think much of the outrage has to do with this: The normal Media/SJW cant on matters such as Duke Lacrosse and the recent Rolling Stone rape hoax is nearly uniform: a rain of calumny and bile. Yet, here is a bone-fide example of everything they claim to be fighting for, something that one would expect them to be fully engaged and girded for battle... And there's... Crickets.

ESPN is putting a toe in the water (and, being ESPN, it's a big toe), but the rest of the Media is strangely silent. The "Justice" Department, which one would have expected in these times to have chartered a fleet of jets to transport a phalanx of persons down to Waco to publically eviscerate a Conservative Baptist University led by none other than Ken Starr. But, no. Nothing.

This is their raison d'etre, and they're very conspicuously avoiding it. I am wondering why.

Yep. Does Ken Starr wield that much power? Are people afraid of him?

hometown frog

Another glaring point in this latest story is Waco PD telling the victim at the time that she didn't have much of a case basically because she was too drunk. (When state law clearly says its sexual assault if the victim is too intoxicated to consent to the act.)

HToady

TCUdirtbag said:
Hate to break it to you, but your implication that only sheltered kids and "thugs" (nice racist code language) are the only ones committing sexual assault is wrong.
Didn't say that....

So Thugs are all one color? Racist is in the eye of the beholder...

ifrog

Comments on the ESPN article:

Johnny Maddox · 
Waco High School

Says the Horn fan whose campus is a den of sin. Wasn't a female student just found dead on the grounds of this bastion of higher education? This whole "non-story" is just haters looking to hate. I feel very bad for the women who are truly brutalized and assaulted through no fault of their own. Baylor is not responsible for a crime that was not prosecuted due to charges not being filed. The so-called victim did not sound like a damsel in distress. Had she filed charges at the time her story would hold more meaning. By waiting to speak out sounds a lot like she was hoping for a monetary settlement. 
UT and the rest of the NCAA have had their share of coverups and payoffs. Just because Baylor has become a force in various sports and has owned UT recently, anything the slightest bit negative that can be dug up from years back is fair game.

Curtis Pennington · 
Baylor University

I'm certain you'll call it deflection, but for those keeping score at home - Washington State self-reported 30 forcible sexual offenses between 2012-2014 (see p. 20) with 22 of them being on campus (WTH?). What a disgusting place

Jake Garner · 
Baylor University

This is a recycled article of the last 6 espn has posted. Yes, there are obvious problems at Baylor thar they are attempting to correct for the future. But that doesn't mean you need to create a straw man argument and repeat yourself over and over with the same story with a different title, just to get views and tired reactions. Pllease find something new to write about, or wait until there is actual progression in these cases to publish this again. Thanks.

CountryFrog

ifrog said:

Johnny Maddox · 
Waco High School

Says the Horn fan whose campus is a den of sin. Wasn't a female student just found dead on the grounds of this bastion of higher education? This whole "non-story" is just haters looking to hate. I feel very bad for the women who are truly brutalized and assaulted through no fault of their own. Baylor is not responsible for a crime that was not prosecuted due to charges not being filed. The so-called victim did not sound like a damsel in distress. Had she filed charges at the time her story would hold more meaning. By waiting to speak out sounds a lot like she was hoping for a monetary settlement. 
UT and the rest of the NCAA have had their share of coverups and payoffs. Just because Baylor has become a force in various sports and has owned UT recently, anything the slightest bit negative that can be dug up from years back is fair game.

Curtis Pennington · 
Baylor University

I'm certain you'll call it deflection, but for those keeping score at home - Washington State self-reported 30 forcible sexual offenses between 2012-2014 (see p. 20) with 22 of them being on campus (WTH?). What a disgusting place

Jake Garner · 
Baylor University

This is a recycled article of the last 6 espn has posted. Yes, there are obvious problems at Baylor thar they are attempting to correct for the future. But that doesn't mean you need to create a straw man argument and repeat yourself over and over with the same story with a different title, just to get views and tired reactions. Pllease find something new to write about, or wait until there is actual progression in these cases to publish this again. Thanks.
Ah, the comments section. Where only the most sensible members of society write reasonable and well thought out rebuttals.

tcudoc

Baylor Ring of Honor
Mike Singletary
Bethany McCrawful
Ian "just as" McCawful
Ken Starr witless
Art Bile
Tevin "or was it eight assault victims" Elliot
Sam Ukwuachu-lookin' at?
Shawn "Break the wrist and walk away" Oakman
Tre'Von "No means yes" Armstead
"Step up to the" Myke Chatman
Josh "Mary Jane" Gordon
RG Me so misunderstood
Brittany Grinder
Touchdown Walrus
Chip and Joanna Gaines

Armadillo

HToady said:

Very intelligent and well thought out analysis.  Thanks for your insightful input.  

EDIT....strong sarcasm on my part obviously since the post was just dumb, but it is NOT racist.  "Thug" ≠ Racist.

Big Frog II

ifrog said:

Johnny Maddox · 
Waco High School

Curtis Pennington · 
Baylor University

Jake Garner · 
Baylor University

These people disgust me.  They can not face the truth and correct the problems.  It's always deflect and blame, deflect and blame.  Again, it's what the University does after the problem occurs that defines them, and Baylor has defined themselves as beneath pond scum.