• The KillerFrogs

Another HOF Pitcher Dies-Whitey Ford

Westsider

What ever happened to that old throwing motion that lots of the old pitchers used....high kick, dropped throwing arm... like Juan Marichal, Whitey, etc.? Guys could throw complete games all day long. I don’t watch MLB anymore, so there may still be guys like that... IDK.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
What ever happened to that old throwing motion that lots of the old pitchers used....high kick, dropped throwing arm... like Juan Marichal, Whitey, etc.? Guys could throw complete games all day long. I don’t watch MLB anymore, so there may still be guys like that... IDK.

Lots of wasted motion? Maybe not cool enough for these guys. Marichal would scare me to death with that high kick waiting to see where that ball was coming from. As a catcher I’d be more afraid of getting Roseboroed upside the by his bat!

Paint It Purple

My guess is kids stopped mimicking Whitey, etc and started copying Gibson, Drysdale, Seaver and Ryan. I miss that old style too.