• The KillerFrogs

Anderson to be OL coach.

I’m assuming Joe is referring to Joe Brady.

But it could also be referring to Montana, Namath or Thiessman. Basically, none of the Joes are coming to TCU.
I think he was referring to the poster on here last year who made a number of posts claiming to be an expert on Barlow’s recruitment almost all of which turned out to be wrong.

Frog-in-law1995

To the mod that deleted the post where the guy called me an idiot, please un-delete it if possible. I plan on having some fun with that here in a week or two.

Wexahu

Yes, if reports are accurate not for OC position. But what fresh ideas is Jerry Krill going to breath into the bloated corpse that is the TCU offense as an analyst or whatever. His idea of an exotic offense is the power I.

I actually wouldn’t mind seeing some power I offense. Would beat the heck out of running out of the shotgun on 1st and goal from the 2.

If we’re going to bring a power running game component back to our offense let’s at least bring a guy in here that knows how to teach it

I agree with bringing in someone to who can install a power running game but Jerry Kill is not the answer. There are coaches who are architects of sophisticated running games but he is not one of them. If people think the TCU offense is predictable now just wait til Kill weighs in with his Power I package from 1995. If power running game is the goal, there are other options out there with far more to bring to table. Knock on wood, he is not the guy.

4th. down

Kill, pardon me for the error in spelling. Again though please no to Jerry Kill, he is football tap water.

He's one of, if not GP's best friend. We all know how that could turn out.

I'm not saying Marion is the answer for CoOc (Kill would just be an advisor to GP and not take a coaching position) but he is a new and refreshing look. He really believes in this GoGo Offense so much he wrote a book on it. One thing he's adamant about is Offensive Discipline, which we have none. He's big on holding individuals accountable for their on field play.

Let's bring him in for an interview and see what he's got - doesn't cost anything. He likes motion and counters (See Riley) which would be a start.

Froggish

Who’s successfully playing power football today?

If Kill comes to TCU, I highly doubt he’s coming here to install any offensive concepts. He’s and old coach who knows the game and understands how to teach better execution and fundamentals. I’m all for that. In that roll he would absolutely help us improve. We don’t play assignment football well at all and honestly I think we have some young coaches who could stand to learn a few things about teaching and the importance of being detailed in prep.

If he shows up here to revamp the playbook we might as well shut this thing down..:) GP has lost his mind.

Paint It Purple

Who’s successfully playing power football today?

If Kill comes to TCU, I highly doubt he’s coming here to install any offensive concepts. He’s and old coach who knows the game and understands how to teach better execution and fundamentals. I’m all for that. In that roll he would absolutely help us improve. We don’t play assignment football well at all and honestly I think we have some young coaches who could stand to learn a few things about teaching and the importance of being detailed in prep.

If he shows up here to revamp the playbook we might as well shut this thing down..:) GP has lost his mind.
Hopefully he is a better coach, than you are a speller.