• The KillerFrogs

And so it begins... Nebraska strongly rumored to be leaving the Big 12 for the Big 10 this Friday!

robbroyy

QUOTE(HawaiianFrog @ Jun 9 2010, 12:02 AM) [snapback]572114[/snapback]
http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/13...g-ten-on-friday

The largest shakeup in modern collegiate sports history begins with Nebraska bolting for the Big 10.

Everyone else will follow suit and start scrambling for teams if and when this happens on Friday. Hold on to your butts :ph34r:

I predict we'll be in a new conference or have the Big 12 north in the MWC by June 30 since that's the day contracts are finalized for the evaluation period.

Trelvis

1263050773798.gif

Man, this expansion stuff fascinates and worries me at the same time. I just want something to happen so other things will fall in place.

West Coast Johnny

Its been fun to blog about, but I wish something would happen. Tom Osbourn, who has just about as much credibility in college football as anyone, seems dead set on bringing NU to the Big 10, which leads me to believe that there is a greater than 50% chance that NU will go, and then the big 12 is blown up. Here are the two scenarios for TCU based upon how many teams the Big 10 adds.

Scenario One - probability of occurance 45%. Big 10 adds one team (Notre Dame). Pac 10 adds Colorado and Utah. Big 12 considers BYU, and then adds Colorado State. Mountain West Adds Boise.

Scenario Two - probability of occurance 55%. Big 10 adds multiple teams. (Nebraska, Missouri, Notre Dame / or Rutgers). The PAC 10 raids six schools from the big 12. I feel that under these circumstances, it is in TCU's interest to abandon the Mountain West and to join with Kansas, KSU, ISU & Baylor. The new Big 12 would be a combination of:
TCU
KSU
KU
ISU
Baylor
AF
CSU
Utah
BYU
Memphis
Louisville
And one other (SMU / Houston / New Mexico / Wyoming).

The break up of the Big 12 can be used as an excuse to dump the bottom feeders of our conference.

Because of Tom Osbourn and his credibility, and his drive to bring NU to the Big 10, I believe that the Big 12 is bye bye.

ectofrog

QUOTE(West Coast Johnny @ Jun 9 2010, 01:11 AM) [snapback]572139[/snapback]
Its been fun to blog about, but I wish something would happen. Tom Osbourn, who has just about as much credibility in college football as anyone, seems dead set on bringing NU to the Big 10, which leads me to believe that there is a greater than 50% chance that NU will go, and then the big 12 is blown up. Here are the two scenarios for TCU based upon how many teams the Big 10 adds.

Scenario One - probability of occurance 45%. Big 10 adds one team (Notre Dame). Pac 10 adds Colorado and Utah. Big 12 considers BYU, and then adds Colorado State. Mountain West Adds Boise.

Scenario Two - probability of occurance 55%. Big 10 adds multiple teams. (Nebraska, Missouri, Notre Dame / or Rutgers). The PAC 10 raids six schools from the big 12. I feel that under these circumstances, it is in TCU's interest to abandon the Mountain West and to join with Kansas, KSU, ISU & Baylor. The new Big 12 would be a combination of:
TCU
KSU
KU
ISU
Baylor
AF
CSU
Utah
BYU
Memphis
Louisville

The break up of the Big 12 can be used as an excuse to dump the bottom feeders of our conference.

Because of Tom Osbourn and his credibility, and his drive to bring NU to the Big 10, I believe that the Big 12 is bye bye.

Those are odd predictions if you ask me.

On your first scenario...you think a Big 12 struggling for survival would pass over TCU, BYU, Utah, and Boise in favor of crapbag Colorado State? Just because they'd make a good travel partner for Colorado and fit into the geographic footprint (at a time when geography seems to be flying out the window as a real criteria)?

I don't. I think if the 12 lose just one it's probably us, to be perfectly honest. I know there are those who would fight that notion, but if they want to add to their credibility and therefore, their long-term chances of survival, they'll add either us or the Mormons.

Second scenario...you have Memphis, Louisville, and SMU/Houston/New Mexico/Wyoming...but no Boise? What's the logic behind that for the Rump Big 12 fighting to keep their autobid?

PurplePutt

QUOTE(West Coast Johnny @ Jun 9 2010, 01:11 AM) [snapback]572139[/snapback]

TCU
KSU
KU
ISU
Baylor
AF
CSU
Utah
BYU
Memphis
Louisville

And add other bottom feeders?