• The KillerFrogs

...And now DELTON is gone, too

Mean Purple

The guy was voted a Team Captain. You know, by the guys he just stabbed in the back.

The Coaches all say (well, yell) the same thing: "It's all about commitment! Are you committed?" Evidently, he wasn't. While I will admit to not knowing All The Facts, from what I do know he's acting like a spoiled child. Taking his toys and going home. Just when his teammates (who voted him Team Captain) needed him the most, he's out the door.

He's a quitter.
What if there is a family or personal issue? If that is never known, oh well. But don't just blast the guy. There is a reality that there was a huge difference in touch downs when certain qbs were in the game. According to GP, they are still waiting to see if one plays.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
What if there is a family or personal issue? If that is never known, oh well. But don't just blast the guy. There is a reality that there was a huge difference in touch downs when certain qbs were in the game. According to GP, they are still waiting to see if one plays.
Were there such an issue, I believe we would have heard about it. Certainly the ST blurb would have read differently...

LeagueCityFrog

This could be a blessing in disguise. Downing supposedly is legit coming out of Georgia and has been better at reading defenses then all of the TCU QBs this year at practice and has nice touch on his passes. Hopefully he is the second coming of Jeff Ballard. He was the #3 quarterback at Georgia last year as a true freshman and played the max 4 games without burning his red shirt.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
This could be a blessing in disguise. Downing supposedly is legit coming out of Georgia and has been better at reading defenses then all of the TCU QBs this year at practice and has nice touch on his passes. Hopefully he is the second coming of Jeff Ballard. He was the #3 quarterback at Georgia last year as a true freshman and played the max 4 games without burning his red shirt.
Max Duggan just left the program.

Mean Purple

Folks forget the Frogs came into this season with several qbs beyond Max and Alex battling for the job.

Wexahu

Downing supposedly is legit coming out of Georgia and has been better at reading defenses then all of the TCU QBs this year at practice and has nice touch on his passes. Hopefully he is the second coming of Jeff Ballard. He was the #3 quarterback at Georgia last year as a true freshman and played the max 4 games without burning his red shirt.

Then why was he 4th or 5th string? Have you ever witnessed his defense reading abilities? Have you ever even seen him throw a pass?

H0RNEDFR0G

Bill Snyder motivated Gary with Delton...end of story case closed.

And for the record IMO we did a piss poor job utilizing Delton. And I'm not just talking about at another position. There were tons of 3rd and 4th and shorts Delton could have been a great option and we didn't use him. That could have kept him engaged and in the mix mentally and physically.Like that darned up Wildcat pass against SMU....that was a perfect spot for a strong running QB like Delton....

There wasn't a single thing that Delton did better than Duggan. Max runs the read option much better as a true freshman than Delton did as a grad transfer. Re-watch the Purdue game, Delton makes the wrong read almost every time. When it comes to throwing the ball, Duggan is in another league.

I too wanted to believe that Delton could fill a role at TCU since GP was so high on him, but it was an absolute bust. Saturday against Baylor is when he could've proved that it wasn't a bust, but dude quit before he even got the chance to contribute.

jake102

Then why was he 4th or 5th string? Have you ever witnessed his defense reading abilities? Have you ever even seen him throw a pass?

Considering he doesn't even participate in 1st or 2nd team live reps, it's obviously just make believe commentary.

Eight

Folks forget the Frogs came into this season with several qbs beyond Max and Alex battling for the job.

actually, only max and alex were cleared to participate for the spring and most of the fall camp.

collins? recovering from injury
rogers? recovering from injury
baldwin? transferring and recovering from injury

i guess downing was here in the spring though i don't recall hearing much about it, but then again i could be wrong as i am a snowflake

HFrog1999

My son’s 9th grade team only had 17 players against Aledo last week, and they only lost by 47

So never give up hope, or whatever....

AchingLastAmphibian-small.gif

Wexahu

There wasn't a single thing that Delton did better than Duggan. Max runs the read option much better as a true freshman than Delton did as a grad transfer. Re-watch the Purdue game, Delton makes the wrong read almost every time. When it comes to throwing the ball, Duggan is in another league.

I too wanted to believe that Delton could fill a role at TCU since GP was so high on him, but it was an absolute bust. Saturday against Baylor is when he could've proved that it wasn't a bust, but dude quit before he even got the chance to contribute.

Yep. It's not just running the read option, Duggan is just a better runner period. Put them at RB is Duggan is going to be a more effective player. Delton's running ability almost underwhelmed me as much as his passing ability, I thought he's be much more dangerous running the ball.

HeidelFrog

He may be. However, he was a walk on at Georgia. Wasn’t a scholarship guy. Believe his best offer was from Montana State. He walked on here. He may turn out to be a great player. I wouldn’t get my hopes up just yet though.

Mean Purple

Max seems to carry the ball more securely on designed/option run plays. Wonder if they offered Delton a chance to play running back/rcvr, if he had to ability to do it?

Last edited: