• The KillerFrogs

...And now DELTON is gone, too

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
Me currently:

tenor.gif

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Man I hate the way we eat our own the second they do something we don't like. I'll wait until he goes SR on us before damning him.
The guy was voted a Team Captain. You know, by the guys he just stabbed in the back.

The Coaches all say (well, yell) the same thing: "It's all about commitment! Are you committed?" Evidently, he wasn't. While I will admit to not knowing All The Facts, from what I do know he's acting like a spoiled child. Taking his toys and going home. Just when his teammates (who voted him Team Captain) needed him the most, he's out the door.

He's a quitter.

Chongo94

Lots of blame to go around in all this. I won’t judge the guy too harshly. He’s probably very frustrated, but it’s a rough deal quitting on teammates.

My judgement falls more squarely on and more aggressively towards the coaching staff. It would appear we actively went after this guy as most reports said he was going to UTEP where his former OC is...so we actively recruited a guy who didn’t fit our offense, didn’t pass the eye test, didn’t pass the stats test, and now apparently didn’t pass the team captain test (not judging, just saying)....

This staff and their decision making process and talent developing process are just a cluster blanking scheiss show at the moment.

McGregor's Goat

"Sources indicate Delton has grown frustrated with the program. The turning point came Saturday when Duggan exited with an injury on the final offensive drive, and the team turned to Collins instead of Delton.

That didn’t sit well with Delton and he decided it was time to move on."

Did he think that he deserved to play? Collins was better last year than Delton was in any season at K-State, and Delton was worse this year than he was in 2017 or 2018. He never deserved to split time with Thompson at K-State, and was at best TCU's third best QB this year.

Punter1

dykes seems to have a good understanding of the potential of vetting transfer prospects as opposed to whatever motivated gary with delton

Bill Snyder motivated Gary with Delton...end of story case closed.

And for the record IMO we did a piss poor job utilizing Delton. And I'm not just talking about at another position. There were tons of 3rd and 4th and shorts Delton could have been a great option and we didn't use him. That could have kept him engaged and in the mix mentally and physically.Like that darned up Wildcat pass against SMU....that was a perfect spot for a strong running QB like Delton....

Eight

Lots of blame to go around in all this. I won’t judge the guy too harshly. He’s probably very frustrated, but it’s a rough deal quitting on teammates.

My judgement falls more squarely on and more aggressively towards the coaching staff. It would appear we actively went after this guy as most reports said he was going to UTEP where his former OC is...so we actively recruited a guy who didn’t fit our offense, didn’t pass the eye test, didn’t pass the stats test, and now apparently didn’t pass the team captain test (not judging, just saying)....

This staff and their decision making process and talent developing process are just a cluster blanking scheiss show at the moment.

since diehard reconfirmed that i am a snowflake i might be just too sensitive to handle the truth that sonny cumbie watched tape on alex delton and thought he was the guy sonny needed in his offense to make it work this year.

i think there was a certain amount of fear that the frogs were going into the spring with just one scholarship quarterback, were unsure about the health of collins and rogers for the 2019 season, and some on the staff felt delton was the answer.

i just don't believe that staff member was sonny cumbie as alex delton's skill set is nothing like any other quarterback on the frogs roster

Zubaz

The guy was voted a Team Captain. You know, by the guys he just stabbed in the back.

The Coaches all say (well, yell) the same thing: "It's all about commitment! Are you committed?" Evidently, he wasn't. While I will admit to not knowing All The Facts, from what I do know he's acting like a spoiled child. Taking his toys and going home. Just when his teammates (who voted him Team Captain) needed him the most, he's out the door.

He's a quitter.
Sigh.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
"Sources indicate Delton has grown frustrated with the program. The turning point came Saturday when Duggan exited with an injury on the final offensive drive, and the team turned to Collins instead of Delton.

That didn’t sit well with Delton and he decided it was time to move on."

I called it last night in the other thread.