• The KillerFrogs

And … they’re done! Ponies no more.

LVH

Seriously, each time I see SMU fans or others advocating SMU be picked up by a larger conference like the Big 12, Pac 12, or ACC, I always ask what they have done to deserve it.

They haven't won a conference title in 40+ years, they haven't won a bowl game in a decade, they haven't been able to win many big games on their schedule, no wins over P5 teams outside beating a couple bad 5-7 TCU teams, which sadly, is about as good as it has gotten for their program. What have they done besides beat our worst teams? What are the feathers in their cap that shout "ADD ME TO YOUR CONFERENCE"

Froglaw

This could literally happen to any team and will be the death knell of college football if left unchecked. Even pros have a commitment they need to live by to get their money (called a contract) and NIL should have some form or fashion of this or this will continue to happen.

schools must draft contracts that protect the school from this behavior.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Can UCF win the big 12 this year? Is John Rhys Plumlee a heisman candidate now?
Was SMU playing at home, or on the road? Was there a disruption in the usual 7 day space between games? Was SMU coming off a gut wrenching loss to their #1 rival and former coach? Yeah, all other things were equal.

82 Frog Fever

Seriously, each time I see SMU fans or others advocating SMU be picked up by a larger conference like the Big 12, Pac 12, or ACC, I always ask what they have done to deserve it.

They haven't won a conference title in 40+ years, they haven't won a bowl game in a decade, they haven't been able to win many big games on their schedule, no wins over P5 teams outside beating a couple bad 5-7 TCU teams, which sadly, is about as good as it has gotten for their program. What have they done besides beat our worst teams? What are the feathers in their cap that shout "ADD ME TO YOUR CONFERENCE"
Totally agree, SMU hasn’t done squat, but PAC12 desperation outweighs that.
The pressure is on the PAC. Kevin Warren is only waiting on additional media rights quotes from Amazon & others before adding Stanford, Cal., Or., & Wash. If the quote comes in close to $100m, the PAC12 will collapse.

Any SMU move to PAC could be a revolving door back to the AAC.
(but only if the AAC wants them back)

Spike

Was SMU playing at home, or on the road? Was there a disruption in the usual 7 day space between games? Was SMU coming off a gut wrenching loss to their #1 rival and former coach? Yeah, all other things were equal.
I think the game was moved twice because of the hurricane.