• The KillerFrogs

An open letter to TCU Football

OmniscienceFrog

A QB who is supposedly healthy according to people who should know. A player who was cited as an example of overall poor development of players on the offensive side of the ball pointing out that he was the only one not developed by someone other than our OC/QB coach. I could just spew some insults your way like you're doing to me but it serves no purpose other than to lower me to that level. Again, name me some offensive players that you believe to be demonstrative to having been developed by our staff to their full potential.
Yeah, a QB that is "supposedly" healthy. Is that one of your "facts". I don't do anything but spew insults at you because you aren't worthy of anything else. You make ignorant "factual" comments then don't like it when someone points out how ignorant they are.

Yeah, a QB that is "supposedly" healthy. Is that one of your "facts". I don't do anything but spew insults at you because you aren't worthy of anything else. You make ignorant "factual" comments then don't like it when someone points out how ignorant they are.
So, in other words, you are unable to identify the players who have been developed to their potential by our offensive staff and continue your diatribe of insults instead? Ok, carry on.

mc1502

Here is something to think about. Sonny Dykes, former offensive analyst at TCU, is now the HC at SMU. SMU threw for 457 yards today. Think about that for a minute. SMU is 7-0 this year. How about we offer Sonny Dykes the OC position and let TCU have an offense again.
No way he would take the job.

OmniscienceFrog

So, in other words, you are unable to identify the players who have been developed to their potential by our offensive staff and continue your diatribe of insults instead? Ok, carry on.
Idiot, I didn't claim they have or haven't developed any players. I pointed out your ignorant argument that you can claim they haven't based on the fact that a redshirt freshman QB that had a devastating knee injury in high school hasn't become the starter over another freshman QB. Oh, but I forgot, he is "supposedly" healthy now.

Idiot, I didn't claim they have or haven't developed any players. I pointed out your ignorant argument that you can claim they haven't based on the fact that a redshirt freshman QB that had a devastating knee injury in high school hasn't become the starter over another freshman QB. Oh, but I forgot, he is "supposedly" healthy now.
And now you've resorted to things I simply did not say. I didn't say a thing about him not being the starter. I said he was behind players who were developed elsewhere naming specifically the players and where they were developed, including a grad transfer who cannot play and a walk-on QB. I made a blanket statement that we are bad at developing offensive players and very clearly said "look no further" than him as an example.

Obviously, we are just going to disagree here and I'm not going to resort to insults toward you so have a good evening.

The TCU Football program is in a tailspin towards cellar dweller. A definitive trend downward is in full effect and it starts as well ends with HCGP. After a merciful end to this 3-9 hot mess, HCGP is at a crossroads. He either needs to make a lot of staff changes or he should step away from the game and give someone else a shot. Another season of stubborn stuck in my ways football will spell doom for the foreseeable future of TCU football.

4th. down

The TCU Football program is in a tailspin towards cellar dweller. A definitive trend downward is in full effect and it starts as well ends with HCGP. After a merciful end to this 3-9 hot mess, HCGP is at a crossroads. He either needs to make a lot of staff changes or he should step away from the game and give someone else a shot. Another season of stubborn stuck in my ways football will spell doom for the foreseeable future of TCU football.

I believe this is where we are.

We can say this position coach should be replaced or this player should be starting, etc, but hey, it's way bigger than that. The team is not responding to the present situation.

Conference realignment is coming soon, be mindful of that, it's real, real, important. Our entire football program needs to be reviewed after the season and hopefully after the review we can restart some upward momentum. 5 out of the last 8 seasons we will have finished in the bottom half of the Big 12.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

We can say this position coach should be replaced or this player should be starting, etc, but hey, it's way bigger than that. The team is not responding to the present situation.

Conference realignment is coming soon, be mindful of that, it's real, real, important. Our entire football program needs to be reviewed after the season and hopefully after the review we can restart some upward momentum. 5 out of the last 8 seasons we will have finished in the bottom half of the Big 12.
Why do you conveniently leave out three top 10 finishes over that same time period? You know how many teams in the big 12 have done the same? Probably not because you seem sports dumb most of the time.

NewFrogFan

It' like Moose said a couple of days ago, 3-9 for this year.

We are 19 games into the present trend and it ain't looking good. GP cannot be fired, well he could, but we won't, but maybe we could get him to retire?

Our OVERALL talent level is no. 3 in conf., and I believe most would agree with that. We need major changes and if GP would retire, start looking at Orlando at Texas and Grinch at OU and try and hire Joe Purdy at LSU for OC. Or, go for the throat and hire Campbell, and let him bring his own staff.

Sorry alumni, fans and supporters but this trend is undeniable. What will it take, the Moose forecast plus another couple of years of this? It looks like we are going to finish in the bottom half of the Big 12 for the 5th. time in 8 years - how can anyone deny this trend?[/QUOTE

Orlando? You mean the same guy that came 1 play from winning buffoon of the year after giving up 48 points to the same Kansas offensive handicapped TCU slaughtered?

wilson912

Here is something to think about. Sonny Dykes, former offensive analyst at TCU, is now the HC at SMU. SMU threw for 457 yards today. Think about that for a minute. SMU is 7-0 this year. How about we offer Sonny Dykes the OC position and let TCU have an offense again.
Sonny would cost $3MM

Casey T

We finished in 5th place once and tied for 5th place twice. So no, we will have only finished in the bottom half of the conference in 2013 and possibly this year. That is 2x out of 8 years, with 3 top 10 finishes as well