• The KillerFrogs

An interesting conversation on Texas

SackLunch

I don't understand the situation there.

Coach after coach, cant seem to get it done. Coaches that were successful in their previous stops.

On paper they should be really good. Are Texas(HS) recruits now becoming duds?

We are next, hopefully we don't suffer the same fate.
The problem at Texas goes way beyond the players or coaches. They have waaayy too many "money men/alumni" who think they have the right to tell the AD, Coaches or whole dang department what to do when it comes to personnel and how they run their program. Mack was good at politicking around it but it even got him in the end. If they don't figure out a way to get those way too rich and way too arrogant donors out of the way they will never get back to where they were. That and they have to take a page from A&M and give the new coach at least 5 years to get it turned around and going the right way. If they start calling for the coaches head every three years they are never going to get back to the old Texas. They could go get Urban, it would make some people mad but the guy knows how to build programs and win college football games.

WIN

Agree, mostly, but Zach Evans is a beautiful runner and worthy of appreciating as a five star talent. A joy to watch when he plays. Miller was only .8344 on 247 composite and I wonder why—and how much can be learned and gained from that in future recruiting. How much does coming from small 2A Mount Enterprise factor in.

Give me someone that is contributing. Have no problem with ZE but we need him on the field.

Wexahu

Agree, mostly, but Zach Evans is a beautiful runner and worthy of appreciating as a five star talent. A joy to watch when he plays. Miller was only .8344 on 247 composite and I wonder why—and how much can be learned and gained from that in future recruiting. How much does coming from small 2A Mount Enterprise factor in.
I don't disagree. I think Evans is a better talent, but not by much at all. I'm sure coming from a 2A school was a huge factor in Miller flying under the radar.

I'm just saying I've never heard a "we need to make sure we are doing everything we can to keep Kendre Miller" from anyone. Heard it from countless people about Evans. And if retaining talent is that big a deal, keeping Miller is arguably just as important, if not moreso, taking everything into consideration. And that kind of infatuation with "star rankings" is EXACTLY why UT is consistently overrated to start the year.

It’s not so much stars as it it great teams that want a player. If Bama, Clemson, Ohio state u, etc. are after a “5star” player, we think their great because those teams are great and get top talent!

Mean Purple

Regardless, I think we have seen enough samples to know that the whole "you have to handle today's player's differently ... can't be hard on them ... different rules, etc." [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] approach is a failed one.

Coach P could be Sark’s DC and have four and five star talent, or it might be fun to see him in the NFL.

Finally, Texas and Gary Patterson’s timing works out for the perfect union | Opinion
Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article255821561.html#storylink=cpy
“According to sources, before he went to Austin he had been in the TCU coaches’ meetings trying to help out for the Frogs’ next opponent, Oklahoma State. Let’s just say it wasn’t going smoothly, so GP wisely decided he just had to get out.”

“Patterson wants to coach again, and if a decent head coaching position is not offered he will, and should, be a defensive coordinator somewhere next season.”

“Or an NFL team could be interested to hire Patterson as a defensive coordinator, which may pique his interest.”

Last edited:

FrogAbroad

“According to sources, before he went to Austin he had been in the TCU coaches’ meetings trying to help out for the Frogs’ next opponent, Oklahoma State. Let’s just say it wasn’t going smoothly, so GP wisely decided he just had to get out.”

“Patterson wants to coach again, and if a decent head coaching position is not offered he will, and should, be a defensive coordinator somewhere next season.”

“Or an NFL team could be interested to hire Patterson as a defensive coordinator, which may pique his interest.”
Whu...."the Steaming Pile??" ACK!! My eyes! MY EYES!! OOOHHH!! THE HUMANITY!!

Let's just hope we find a way to win this weekend or we will look silly just like UT losing at home to Kansas. And the last home game to boot.
Not with a bunch of assistant coaches spending most of their time on the phone looking for jobs. Plus they nor the players (except for a few) give a flying F. We can expect two more losses.

Bruce Berry

Coach P could be Sark’s DC and have four and five star talent, or it might be fun to see him in the NFL.

Finally, Texas and Gary Patterson’s timing works out for the perfect union | Opinion
Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article255821561.html#storylink=cpy

What the scheiss is he even doing there? You ran this scheisser into the ground now move on.

Eight

location definitely played a part as well as the fact he made a big jump from his junior to senior season. if you go back and look at his production it went through the roof his senior season for a few reasons

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Whu...."the Steaming Pile??" ACK!! My eyes! MY EYES!! OOOHHH!! THE HUMANITY!!