• The KillerFrogs

Ames Tribune: TCU defensive speed to challenge Iowa State offense

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Ames Tribune: TCU defensive speed to challenge Iowa State offense

By Dylan Montz / Staff Writer / dmontz@amestrib.com

Montgomery, Butler the playmakers; TCU defense on fast forward mode

Even as his offense has struggled to find consistency, Iowa State football coach Matt Campbell hasn’t come close to experiencing a crisis of confidence or identity.

His philosophy is one he’s believed, and repeated, since becoming a head coach: players, formations, plays. Identifying personnel and where they need to line up is more important than the plays run.

That’s where the Cyclones have a luxury of sorts.

Read more at http://www.amestrib.com/sports/20180925/football-tcu-defensive-speed-to-challenge-iowa-state-offense

Wexahu

Personally I'm getting kind of tired of hearing about how fast we are. Fast does not equal good. This isn't track and field. The 2014 defense with Chucky White, Davion Pierson, Terrell Lathan, Sam Carter, Chris Hackett, Paul Dawson, Marcus Mallett and Kevin White were probably the slowest defense we've had in years, and they were a 40-turnover causing wrecking crew.

FrogCop19

Personally I'm getting kind of tired of hearing about how fast we are. Fast does not equal good. This isn't track and field. The 2014 defense with Chucky White, Davion Pierson, Terrell Lathan, Sam Carter, Chris Hackett, Paul Dawson, Marcus Mallett and Kevin White were probably the slowest defense we've had in years, and they were a 40-turnover causing wrecking crew.

NOT A GOD DAMN THING'S been working for us. Like this goddamn suit doesn't work for me... and this stinking tie... and this goddamned shirt. IT DOESN'T WORK FOR ME. YOU KNOW HOW TO PLAY WINNING HARD-NOSED FOOTBALL? YOU PLAY FOOTBALL LIKE ED GENERRO PLAYED FOOTBALL. A guy who gave his life for this football team. He was a 140-pound halfback, and HE PLAYED LIKE A GODDAMN WILDMAN! NO! LIKE A GODDAMN RAMPAGING BEAST! And that's the way you got to do it! YOU GO OUT THERE! YOU TEAR THEIR scheissING HEADS OFF, AND YOU [ Finebaum ] DOWN THEIR NECKS! Let us pray.

Limp Lizard

The only thing that concerns me about this defense is tackling. It has been below the standard. That's what happens with new players and injuries. I said in the Summer that the only thing that really concerns me is injuries. I'll stick to that. Also I have said that the Frogs are better the second half of the season and I will stick to that. We just need somehow to survive ISU and we will be OK.

tetonfrog

They looked awfully slow in the 4th quarter in Waco........

Eight

i think that speech might work if song looked like kathy ireland?

i have heard in a swimsuit that lisa t looks like kathy ireland, just wish we had something to use to compare

Mean Purple

Same with offense. If you don't put the ball in their hands or they don't catch it, does not really matter.

FrogLifeYo

I’m much more worried about our offense then our defense...I don’t think They are explosive enough to run up and down the field. Our offense on the other hand hasn’t shown that we can stress their defense either...I see this as a low scoring 24-17 type game. At this point I still don’t know who I think will win.

BleedNPurple

This defense has been very inconsistent and with no turnovers or scores Not very impressive at all. I will not be surprised if Iowa State beats us with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter - our witching hour.

I want to see some turnovers tomorrow. A score would be gravy.