• The KillerFrogs

"America's Football Highway"...article on ESPN on 9 exits on I-20

tetonfrog

Sadly, the best part of it was on former Permian RB Boobie Miles, who was a big part of (the book) Friday Night Lights..

Very interesting stuff from his ex about his obsession with the Madden game and his "dream." Dude is in prison now and will probably go back after he is released in 2017. He still believes he would have been in the NFL if not for his knee injury during his senior year.  :excl:

That part of the article should be required reading for every high school athlete. 

LezzGetFroggy

Pretty interesting read. I'm glad I was fortunate enough to grow up in a house that had both season tickets for Midland High and Midland Lee. I watched some fantastic games in the late 1990s/early 2000s.

ShreveFrog

So they stop in Ft. Worth, but not at TCU, home of the resurgent Frogs with a storied program. Alrighty.

And while New London, Allen and Southlake have interesting stories, they're not exits on I-20, as the story is billed.  But I guess readers outside Texas won't realize that. 

DickBumpastache

This isn't a college football-related article. There isn't a focus on (and barely a mention of) ANY university. Can you guys read?

Loved it. Wright Thompson can be a little self-indulgent at times, but I thought he nailed it.

Froglaw

The story of Boobie Miles is incredibly moving.

It is so important that student/athletes are just that.

Maybe I'm naive, but I think the first part of that term is still the most part of the title.

Chongo94

ShreveFrog said:
So they stop in Ft. Worth, but not at TCU, home of the resurgent Frogs with a storied program. Alrighty.

And while New London, Allen and Southlake have interesting stories, they're not exits on I-20, as the story is billed.  But I guess readers outside Texas won't realize that. 

Seriously? 

yurintroubl

As I am from Louisiana - I thought this article was a fascinating piece.  Not "whole story" stuff... but a wonderful snapshot of individual football microcosms I was previously unaware of.  The bit about the school explosion was breathtaking.