• The KillerFrogs

Am I the only one who hates the new football uniforms?

Not for you, not for me, it's for the athletes.

Unfortunately, TCU can't do what Bama does and keep the same uni and no changes throughout history. TCU is not a large state school with 68,625 students and living alumni number of 500,000. Most teams have to do things to attract the talent and make the programs that have it all by default have to work to be relevant and cool while making your program the place to be.

gdu

I don't hate them like the OP, but I do think a couple of tweaks could've made them much better.

And if OP doesn't like these, he's really gonna hate the 4th uni we're gonna break out.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Probably gonna get trashed for this but I don't care...I think they look awful, cheesy, cheap and borderline feminine (not that there is anything wrong with that except football is currently a guys sport).

I don’t hate them, but I do think the horn accents could have been a lot more subtle...

notyalc

I thought the diamond design was OK but a little gaudy at that size. But really need to see them on TV for final judgement.

Froggish

I dig the new unis. They are off the fleek (did I do that right?) Smaller brands like ours need this kind of stuff to help bring attention to the program. Like it or not, in todays world flash is what grabs attention and we got boat load of it over the last week because of the new look.

Also, In GPs presser yesterday he said there is still one more “special” “fun” helmet that they are working on that will be revealed later.

Purp

I’m definitely a fan of the clean, classic looks. I think given the right direction, we could have incredible uniforms. I have no issue with these - think they’re pretty cool, but no doubt think they could be better.
I imagine you'd like them better if we wore a flat front chino with stretch fabric for pants. And maybe the team caps would have a little more style also?

Purp

Not for you, not for me, it's for the athletes.

Unfortunately, TCU can't do what Bama does and keep the same uni and no changes throughout history. TCU is not a large state school with 68,625 students and living alumni number of 500,000. Most teams have to do things to attract the talent and make the programs that have it all by default have to work to be relevant and cool while making your program the place to be.
68K students and only 500K living alumni? Seems like a really short life expectancy after graduation. We should use that as a recruiting advantage.

TAINTed frog

I don't hate them like the OP, but I do think a couple of tweaks could've made them much better.

And if OP doesn't like these, he's really gonna hate the 4th uni we're gonna break out.
Oh yeah? Well, have you seen the FIFTH uniform?!?! Didn’t think so

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
68K students and only 500K living alumni? Seems like a really short life expectancy after graduation. We should use that as a recruiting advantage.
Heh... "Get a U of A diploma, drop dead by 45! (Just pay off your student loans before you kick off, m'kay?)"

Punter1

Gary Patterson said at his press conference yesterday he doesn't like them but "they didn't ask him" before selecting them

That's BS...Gary is never "unaware" about anything this important in the program.

He probably has the same attitude as me...if the kids and recruits like them, guess we gotta use them.

helcap

That's BS...Gary is never "unaware" about anything this important in the program.

He probably has the same attitude as me...if the kids and recruits like them, guess we gotta use them.
His statements were more along the line of intimating that when you take Nike's money you wear what they want.