• The KillerFrogs

Am I The Only One To Know or The Last One To Know….

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Traitors don't have statues. Retire with honor, have a statue as the GOAT TCU Coach. Join UT Austin, help to defeat us and wear the fake orange, statue removed. He can take it to Austin with him.

Remember bleed purple or bleed out.
There was a time, not too long ago, when I would have posted a long polemic on remembering what brung ya to where you are...

If he takes the UT gig, pull that statue up and stick it in an equipment shack. Hang hoses off it. Dent the feet with lawnmowers. In 10 years or so, after we cool down just a little, maybe we can put it back in a suitable location*.

*This could be back among the Greats of TCU Past, or at the bottom of a urinal trench. TBD...

AustinFrog

There was a time, not too long ago, when I would have posted a long polemic on remembering what brung ya to where you are...

If he takes the UT gig, pull that statue up and stick it in an equipment shack. Hang hoses off it. Dent the feet with lawnmowers. In 10 years or so, after we cool down just a little, maybe we can put it back in a suitable location*.

*This could be back among the Greats of TCU Past, or at the bottom of a urinal trench. TBD...
We could put a Bob Lilly statue in is place I pledge the 1st $100 toward the Lilly statue.

FrogBall09

Traitors don't have statues. Retire with honor, have a statue as the GOAT TCU Coach. Join UT Austin, help to defeat us and wear the fake orange, statue removed. He can take it to Austin with him.

Remember bleed purple or bleed out.
He was fired….little late for retirement

cheese83

I found this article over the weekend to be both hysterical and sobering all at the same time. Even THEY know, and they are the beneficiaries of it. Although I'm sure they did this in reference to aggy announcing their $30 million-plus NIL deal with boosters and donors...

He hates it b/c now the boosters will have more power and direct connections with the kids legally. It's going to be tough for a guy like Saban to keep everyone bought in and in line with his hard nosed style. Plus he is old so who knows how much longer he's going to keep at it.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
He hates it b/c now the boosters will have more power and direct connections with the kids legally. It's going to be tough for a guy like Saban to keep everyone bought in and in line with his hard nosed style. Plus he is old so who knows how much longer he's going to keep at it.
There's a distinct possibility that Saban calls it quits and takes a well-paid gig as a TV Commenter. He isn't getting any younger, and the added stress of NIL on top of all the other stress he deals with makes retirement look pretty good. I often wonder how he has managed not to spontaneously combust on the sidelines during some games...

YA

not a bad idea or whatever happened to the giant football statue from the super bowl

just put that over the top of it
The state of Texas birthing statute is still on the northwest side of ACS between lot 3 and lot 3rv(or whatever they are calling that lot now)

Wexahu

All SEC fans and announcers at ESPN talk about how tough it is week in and week out in the SEC. According to them, every team is outstanding and the rest of CFB is second fiddle.
Anyone who doesn't understand that the SEC is CLEARLY the best league in college football just has their head in the sand IMO. And no, according to ESPN announcers, not every team is outstanding. Literally nobody says that.

The rest of college football is a notch below (or "second fiddle" to, whatever you want to call it) the SEC, not sure why people have such a huge problem with people saying that. Large flagship state schools (with the exception of Vandy) situated in the most fertile recruiting grounds and in the most football crazy part of the country. How could they not be the best by a fairly wide margin?

bp4tcu

He was allowed.
I'm saying allowed in that you don't even talk about it til the end of the season. We all know he's a stubborn guy so expecting him to stay even though hes gone was silly. Call him in your office at the end of the last game and have the conversation.

asleep003

I'm saying allowed in that you don't even talk about it til the end of the season. We all know he's a stubborn guy so expecting him to stay even though hes gone was silly. Call him in your office at the end of the last game and have the conversation.
No !

Frog-in-law1995

Anybody curious why Gary isn’t going to be
If GP was struggling so bad as a coach and was too stubborn to change with the times, why is anyone upset that he’s going to a rival? Sounds like a good deal to me.
I’m not upset, but there’s a huge difference between being responsible for the whole program and being responsible only for scouting opponents and advising on how best to stop them. Gary was getting increasingly worse at the former but is probably still top 5 in the world at the latter.