• The KillerFrogs

Am I The Only One To Know or The Last One To Know….

Eight

can see the interview with the hr screener now. okay gary, can you think of a time in which you had a conflict with a co-worker and how did you resolve it?

bp4tcu

This is going to be great theatre. I was vocal as anyone about firing Patterson, but he ABSOLUTLEY should have been allowed to finish the season. We force him out, and he goes to an in state, in conference rival. All while we hire Sleepy Sonny. Only at TCU can this kind of comedy happen.

Froginbedford

So what are the odds we play Texas last home game of the season in 2023 and Gary is the interim head coach of UT for that game?
And it will be UT homecoming...Darrell Royal will resurrect...Mac Brown will parachute on to the 50 yard line...CDC will be announced as Chancellor Emeritus....Stadium will be renamed DKR-GP....
And I jest to some degree....

cheese83

S

Saban is a total ass also - and does not relate to his players well either- but he is winning so everyone deals with it since he is so dominant

The constant churn of assistants helps insulate Saban because no one else is there long enough to become tiresome - a big mistake GP made

My older brother played at Bama and he along with his teammates that hang together all laugh at what Saban gets away with that other coaches get roasted for

He also gets a lot of his players paid, that helps as much as winning if not more in the pre NIL era.

FrogBall09

Go get yourself an interview with the UT athletic department as a sought after addition and see what options might be available for your “on campus” crash condo needs to supplement your primary local housing. It’s the University of Texas…their resources are generally unimaginable compared to TCU’s or about anywhere else for that matter.
UT owns a condo building in downtown that they partially use to house new staff hires while the staff relocates - I am quite sure that a top floor condo will suddenly be available for his use until his contract is up.....

Last edited:

FrogCop19

He also gets a lot of his players paid, that helps as much as winning if not more in the pre NIL era.
I found this article over the weekend to be both hysterical and sobering all at the same time. Even THEY know, and they are the beneficiaries of it. Although I'm sure they did this in reference to aggy announcing their $30 million-plus NIL deal with boosters and donors...

bp4tcu

He was allowed (and asked) to finish the season, he chose not to.
I’m aware of that. I’m saying they should have payed him the respect he was due, not say a word until the end of the season, then call him in your office at the end of the last game.

I get the portal and all that changes everything, but it could have been handled so much better but our potato AD it up.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I’m aware of that. I’m saying they should have payed him the respect he was due, not say a word until the end of the season, then call him in your office at the end of the last game.

I get the portal and all that changes everything, but it could have been handled so much better but our potato AD fvcked it up.
They bent over backwards to accommodate him, and he acted like a two-year-old and threw a tantrum. Patterson had been deteriorating as a Coach for some time, and the Program itself was coming apart. A blind man could see this. If anything, ADJD waited too long to make things clear.

Respect is earned, and it is earned each and every day. It only gives you so much slack, however, and Patterson had used his up, and used up the slack they cut him afters. He had been paid all the respect he deserved, and he threw it back in their faces.

Now, he's about to join a hated rival. And we all know that he burns inside to rub all our noses in the fact that he was fired from TCU, and that TCU hired the guy who pulled his underwear over his head twice in a row. One hopes he learns that vengeance is an expensive luxury that does not always turn out as he expects...

AustinFrog

I'm looking forward to having a statue of a UT coach on our campus.
Traitors don't have statues. Retire with honor, have a statue as the GOAT TCU Coach. Join UT Austin, help to defeat us and wear the fake orange, statue removed. He can take it to Austin with him.

Remember bleed purple or bleed out.