• The KillerFrogs

Am I The Only One To Know or The Last One To Know….

gofor2

Of course, by invitational, you mean The ESPN Invitational, sponsored by the SEC, right? Just want to make sure we are talking about the same thing.
Pretty sure we are. I'm talking about the CFB invitationals, which call themselves a playoff, which is quite amusing. Just tricky word play. To paraphrase an old movie, its like throwing a cat in an oven and calling it a biscuit. Doesn't make it a biscuit.

Last edited:

gofor2

All SEC fans and announcers at ESPN talk about how tough it is week in and week out in the SEC. According to them, every team is outstanding and the rest of CFB is second fiddle.
Exactly. To be fair, Alabama and at times a 2nd team can be very good, often elite. However, that does not mean the rest of the teams in that conference are elite or tough and whatever [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] we are constantly fed by espn. I understand why espn does it, they have to recoup money from their largest college investment, which is the SEC.

Last edited:

Frog-in-law1995

Pretty sure we are. I'm talking about the CFB invitationals, which call themselves a playoff, which is quite amusing. Just tricky word play. Sort of like the jerk offs who came up with the law and named it the "Right to work law". If you are a Joe voter and you read that name, you immediately think "Yes, people have a right to work, and should work. I vote yes." That is also how they marketed that law. It was good for Americans, good for business. The reality is, it is the "you have no rights when you work" law. scheissing lawyers, man.
Just means laws that prohibit a union from negotiating to require membership of all employees. And it is good for all Americans. Nobody should be telling anyone who they have to associate with and support financially.

gofor2

Just means laws that prohibit a union from negotiating to require membership of all employees. And it is good for all Americans. Nobody should be telling anyone who they have to associate with and support financially.
I'm sure I misread something or got two bills mixed up in latest round of bickering in congress because I thought unions were pretty much dead by the 1990s. State's were granted power to prohibit compulsory union membership back in the 1940s, by Congress.

Last edited:

asleep003

Yes, like corporate donations given to a Party/their candidates without the voice or approval of all their share holders... totally agree!

Last edited:

asleep003

Exactly. To be fair, Alabama and at times a 2nd team can be very good, often elite. However, that does not mean the rest of the teams in that conference are elite or tough and whatever [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] we are constantly fed by espn. I understand why espn does it, they have to recoup money from their largest college investment, which is the SEC.
LSU must beat K-State Tues. nite for SEC to break even/or .500 in bowl victories. If not, the SEC is 5-7 and the Big12 is 5-2 in bowls this year.

Showtime Joe 2.0

I'm sure I misread something or got two bills mixed up in latest round of bickering in congress because I thought unions were pretty much dead decades ago. State's were granted power to prohibit compulsory union membership back in the 1940s, by President Truman.
The Taft-Hartley Act of 1947 did indeed allow states to enact "Right to Work" laws (and 28 states currently have such laws on their books) but that Act only went into effect after Congress over-rode a veto from President Truman, who strongly opposed the "right-to-work." I'm not a Truman fan, historically speaking, but I do have respect for the dead and your comment caused his casket to start spinning.

gofor2

LSU must beat K-State Tues. nite for SEC to break even/or .500 in bowl victories. If not, the SEC is 5-7 and the Big12 is 5-2 in bowls this year.
To be honest I don't think these exhibition games mean squat, but I do enjoy when the SEC and B10 lose.

gofor2

The Taft-Hartley Act of 1947 did indeed allow states to enact "Right to Work" laws (and 28 states currently have such laws on their books) but that Act only went into effect after Congress over-rode a veto from President Truman, who strongly opposed the "right-to-work." I'm not a Truman fan, historically speaking, but I do have respect for the dead and your comment caused his casket to start spinning.
You're right. The bill was enacted during Truman's presidency, not by Truman. I wrote it in haste and the finer details weren't important for me while writing it. If this was an academic paper then I would have spent more time.

I'm sure unions served a needed purpose for a time, but that much of that need probably died out a while ago.

ShreveFrog

Can analysts do their job remotely today? Serious question. I mean with all the video and video meeting capability we have now. Seems like he could phone it in.

Or maybe the Pattersons want a break from Fort Worth.

He probably wants to do something and his #1 passion is probably coaching football. Longhorns have blue blood talent, which is new to Coach Patterson. Austin is a relatively great city—a big reason it is the #1 growth city (or close to it) in the country. Austin is in Texas. His wife has ties there. They can afford to rent or buy nearly any house there. They have friends there. They can enjoy an easy pleasant drive back to Fort Worth when they want to. They could make the hill country their primary home someday soon, where he can sing at charming venues—Austin and its region is Texas‘ music center. It is the most convenient move he and Kelsey could do, hardly even being a move, for them, rather a fun second home. What would be a better setup for them—what is not to like? Maybe he even has kids or family there.

Last edited:

Eight

He has to do something. His #1 passion is probably coaching football. Longhorns have blue blood talent, which is new to Coach Patterson. Austin is a relatively great city—a big reason it is the #1 growth city (or close to it) in the country. Austin is in Texas. His wife has ties there. They can afford to rent or buy nearly any house there. They have friends there. They can enjoy an easy pleasant drive back to Fort Worth when they want to. They could make the hill country their primary home someday soon, where he can sing at charming hill country locals. It is the most convenient move he and Kelsey could do, hardly even being a move, for them, rather a fun second home. What would be a better setup for them—what is not to like? Maybe he even has kids or family there.

the only thing you missed on is the drive, there are no easy or pleasant drives when you involve austin

Sangria Wine

It’s as if folks don’t realize that GP could rent a condo that is walking distance from campus, buy a second home in the hill country to enjoy as his discretion AND keep his home on Fort Worth.