• The KillerFrogs

Almost Five Months Later.............

Genbukan

and I still can't get that rancid taste out of my mouth from the Fiesta Bowl performance :wacko:

I still can't understand how a team that dominated the opposition all year with superior talent, heart, determination and preparation showed up on a big stage unprepared and lackluster. I still have trouble believing they didn't work on silent counts, couldn't figure out BSU's "amoeba" defense and decided NOT to use a smashmouth (run the durn ball) gameplan.

I think Frog fans respect Boise as much as anyone in the country - we've played them three times in the last six years, all of them have been close hard fought games and they lead the series 2-1. Maybe I'm wearing purple colored glasses but I just don't believe the better team won the game (the team that played better that day did).

In a lot of ways this feels just like the Utah loss in 2008 - the difference is that our 2009 team was substantially better than our 2008 squad!

ARRRGGGGGHHHHHH :angry:

TCUFrogs

At least expectations are high now. As they should be for a program of this caliber. The highest caliber.

Every day is a learning experience. Or at least an opportunity for it.

Have to move forward.

The only thing the TCU team can control in 2010 is how they perform in the next game and prepare for the season. Coach P is growing up the team for a potential title run.

I think fans are going to be in for a treat. I'm already excited that new Frogs are coming to campus in 2 weeks!

Horny4TCU

I have no respect for the those smurf farting unchers in Boise... I don't understand how TCU fans can want Boise in the MWC! We should leave them in the WAC to drown!!!

purplepreacher

QUOTE(Genbukan @ May 19 2010, 09:45 AM) [snapback]561519[/snapback]
and I still can't get that rancid taste out of my mouth from the Fiesta Bowl performance :wacko:

I still can't understand how a team that dominated the opposition all year with superior talent, heart, determination and preparation showed up on a big stage unprepared and lackluster. I still have trouble believing they didn't work on silent counts, couldn't figure out BSU's "amoeba" defense and decided NOT to use a smashmouth (run the durn ball) gameplan.

I think Frog fans respect Boise as much as anyone in the country - we've played them three times in the last six years, all of them have been close hard fought games and they lead the series 2-1. Maybe I'm wearing purple colored glasses but I just don't believe the better team won the game (the team that played better that day did).

In a lot of ways this feels just like the Utah loss in 2008 - the difference is that our 2009 team was substantially better than our 2008 squad!

KNow how you feel. I still think the key to understanding the deal is the attitude of some of the players after they heard who they were going to play. You can try to overcome that, but it is difficult.

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(57Frog @ May 19 2010, 10:06 AM) [snapback]561544[/snapback]
I think they poisoned us . :mad:
Our team was puking all over the place .

Chipotle?

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(Genbukan @ May 19 2010, 09:45 AM) [snapback]561519[/snapback]

Because Boise was better.....YEEEEEEWWWWWWPPPPPPPPPP

back_in_black

Moderators
QUOTE(57Frog @ May 19 2010, 03:06 PM) [snapback]561544[/snapback]
I think they poisoned us . :mad:
Our team was puking all over the place .

I know many of our players had the flu. Still, as poorly as we played we could've won the game. If the offense would've done the quick count like they did so many times during the season Boise's defense wouldn't have been able to shift so much. We were outcoached on that side of the ball. Our defense basically held them in check most of the game.

QUOTE(Horny4TCU @ May 19 2010, 09:01 AM) [snapback]561538[/snapback]
I have no respect for the those smurf farting, testicular sucking, butt munchers in Boise... I don't understand how TCU fans can want Boise in the MWC! We should leave them in the WAC to drown!!!

Yeah, they're drowning with those two BCS bowls in 5 years. I feel sorry for them.

FinanceFrog

the key to that game was the fake punt boise ran in the 4th quarter. game was tied at that point, we were gaining momentum, about to get the ball back........and boise turns into classic boise and uses trick plays to survive. i've tried to block that game out of my memory, but didn't they end up scoring on that drive?

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(Horny4TCU @ May 19 2010, 03:01 PM) [snapback]561538[/snapback]
I have no respect for the those smurf farting unchers in Boise... I don't understand how TCU fans can want Boise in the MWC! We should leave them in the WAC to drown!!!

75% of the board disagrees with you, and when the TCU gets "left behind" in this expansion talk and stays in the MWC which gains AQ status shortly there after...you will change your mind

desmith03

QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ May 19 2010, 10:16 AM) [snapback]561559[/snapback]
Wild nights in Glendale beforehand... that did them in (sadly)

Don't let Baylor know about it, or we'll never hear the end!

gdu

Game still upsets my stomach when I think about it. It's gonna be even worse if we have to watch Boise play in the NCG while we are undefeated in LV or SD.

halfwaytoheaven

QUOTE(FinanceFrog @ May 19 2010, 11:03 AM) [snapback]561590[/snapback]
the key to that game was the fake punt boise ran in the 4th quarter. game was tied at that point, we were gaining momentum, about to get the ball back........and boise turns into classic boise and uses trick plays to survive. i've tried to block that game out of my memory, but didn't they end up scoring on that drive?

They did indeed. Kellen Moore threw four completions in a row to move them down the field after the fake punt.

When I think about that game, I try to remember how well the defense played. They didn't get sacks or interceptions, but they held one of the best passers in the country to 0 touchdowns and held one of the top offenses to 10 points. The look of frustration on Moore's face in the third quarter was priceless.

steelfrog

Tier 1
QUOTE(tcugdu @ May 19 2010, 04:39 PM) [snapback]561610[/snapback]
Game still upsets my stomach when I think about it. It's gonna be even worse if we have to watch Boise play in the NCG while we are undefeated in LV or SD.

Yup.

Steel respects the Smurfs, and especially their coaching staff, and their wrestling team, which won the PAC-10; but Steel wants to vomit hisownself when thinking about this game. So Steel don't think about it. Cognative disonance is a wonderful thing.

Steel tries to find a silver lining in every setback, but there was none here.

Philly Frog

I know how you feel. I've still never gone back to watch the second half of that game. Just can't make myself do it. Their fake kick and our dropped TD pass in the end zone still give me nightmares.

Philly

micahjh

It happened for the same reason that pretty much every tough loss in the last decade has happened: We lost because we didnt....

steelfrog

Tier 1
Steel is sick just reading this dadburn thread. Steel is personally offended by this thread. It calls out specific minor children who are players of football, and should be deleted immediately.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(steelfrog @ May 19 2010, 03:45 PM) [snapback]561699[/snapback]
Steel is sick just reading this dadburn thread. Steel is personally offended by this thread. It calls out specific minor children who are players of football, and should be deleted immediately.

Counselor, if they went by that rule the entire kf.c would have to be shut down.