• The KillerFrogs

All-Big 12 Preseason Team - 4 Frogs

Billy Clyde

Bethley, Gladney, Niang, Reagor.

Sorry, can't presently post a link, when I type startelegram in my url window, it redirects me to the Kansas City Star homepage. Weird.

Anyway, I'm betting on Blacklock for conference Defensive Player of the Year and All-America if he's healthy.

Casey T

Blacklock & Gaines will be on that list by the end of the year. Possibly also Wallow and one of our RBs, we'll see how the carries are split up

Billy Clyde

If we end up with 5 Def players on that list we are likely playing for a Big12 title and if not Cumbie needs to be mauled by a den of grizzlies

I am unreasonably optimistic about the freshman runners we have coming on. Easiest position to make immediate impact. If we can run the ball like I think we should be able to, Sonny may look a genius again.

P.S. Please not bears of any type. Anything else, that's just gross.

Froggish

https://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/c...cle_2984d6cf-8a8a-5d4c-b92f-2d78921bbf41.html

Scroll down past all the OU/OSU homer sucking up to see the entire list.

4 defensive players from ISU on that list.

In another thread someone couldn’t understand why ISU is getting so much pre-season love. The crazy thing is how much they look like us on paper..7-8 starters on offense and all 5 on OL, 8 defensive starters returning from a Def that finished right behind us at the top of the league. What’s interesting is that having Purdy completely changes the perception of our two teams. We are a preseason 5th/6th pick and they are a 2/3..I truly believe the conference race is going to be 1.OU, 2a.TCU and 2b.ISU with TX and Bay fighting it out for 4/5

jake102

I am unreasonably optimistic about the freshman runners we have coming on. Easiest position to make immediate impact. If we can run the ball like I think we should be able to, Sonny may look a genius again.

I'm definitely curious how many carries Barlow is going to get.... early reports are that he's really good.

Kyle101011

I see Lynch from Baylor on that list. Why did we move on from him again? (Actual?)
Looking at his 247 timeline it appears he decommited from us and then 2 days later he committed to USC. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. 4 months later he decommits from them then he ultimately commits to BU. I predict he went to chase the big brand and later he probably got his offer pulled and we decided we didn’t want to offer him again. No idea if that’s true it’s just what I would guess.

kidkarr

Looking at his 247 timeline it appears he decommited from us and then 2 days later he committed to USC. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. 4 months later he decommits from them then he ultimately commits to BU. I predict he went to chase the big brand and later he probably got his offer pulled and we decided we didn’t want to offer him again. No idea if that’s true it’s just what I would guess.
Makes sense, I forgot about the USC deal.