• The KillerFrogs

All Big 12 bookends

Frog-in-law1995

Just looked at the actual list, how in the world is Kris Boyd a first team DB over Gladney??

Led the conference in passes defended. 15 to 13 over Gladney. Both had 1 pick. Other 1st team selection Adrian Frye at Tech had 12 passes defended and 5 picks and UT’s Caden Sterns had high tackles with 4 picks and WVU’s Kenny Robinson led the conference DBs in tackles (by 1 over Issahaku).

MTfrog5

Led the conference in passes defended. 15 to 13 over Gladney. Both had 1 pick. Other 1st team selection Adrian Frye at Tech had 12 passes defended and 5 picks and UT’s Caden Sterns had high tackles with 4 picks and WVU’s Kenny Robinson led the conference DBs in tackles (by 1 over Issahaku).
So they are really close. I’m curious how many targets each had thrown their way and how individual WR did. I know Wallace had over 200 against Boyd and Ocho called him out for how bad he played earlier in the year

MTfrog5

Good think Issahaku didn’t get kicked off the team (or whatever the hell almost happened back in the summer).
I’m not sure anyone will know the full story behind that or why he was let back. Had great year playing all three safety positions and was banged up for majority of conference play

Moose Stuff

I'll forever hate that we didn't get to see the Sr versions of Ben and LJ with Blacklock in the middle. The football gods were real arseholes this year.

Yep. Also hate that LJ wasn’t really LJ until about halfway through the year coming off the injury. Even with all our issues I still think the healthy version of this team could have won 9+ games.

Wexahu

I’m not sure anyone will know the full story behind that or why he was let back. Had great year playing all three safety positions and was banged up for majority of conference play

And I specifically remember when it happened people on here saying it wasn’t that big a deal because he wasn’t gonna start anyway and we were so deep at the position.

CountryFrog

Numbers don’t bear that out, but no doubt he was as important a player to his team as any in the conference. If he hadn’t had the dropsies early in the season, maybe.
Regardless of numbers, I believe that Hakeem Butler and Jalen Reagor are the two best receivers in the Big 12. Neither were on the first team for some reason. I would've put them both instead of Sills and Wallace and keep Brown on there with them.