• The KillerFrogs

Alamo Bowl Tickets Allotted

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Look, what Deep said about the allotment is the hard truth. The Bowls could not give a rotten crap about the schools invited each year. The allotment scam is but one of the things that happens when a school accepts a Bowl bid. The allotted tickets must be "bought" by the participating school, and schools must recoup this expense by selling them to their alumni or fans. And, yes, these are the crappiest tickets in the house.

Them's the breaks. You accept a Bowl bid? You're gonna get shafted on a Bowl allotment. Happens every year.

But what I hear several saying is that some bowls allot better tickets (obviously a relative term) to schools and that the Alamo bowl is notorious for giving the schools absolutely terrible seats. If so, I am not inclined to support the Alamo Bowl with my attendance, as well as hotel & restaurant patronage.

Opintel

Moderators
I hate the way this is done. Sure, the corporate sponsors should get best seats, within reason (not for resale, for clients).

We're not going this year, but there are additional reasons behind that decision.

It definitely hurts the hotel/restaurant business when less out of town fans show up. i'd [ hundin] a lot, if I was a business.