• The KillerFrogs

Alamo Bowl Game Thread

FBallFan123

QuilterFrawg said:
Just finished re-watching the game - thank goodness I added an hour to the end time! And followed along with this thread.  Quite enjoyable.  Although not nearly as enjoyable as it was being there, screaming our heads off.
I love this team!

Yeah, thankfully I added an hour to recording so it recorded everything. 

I've only watched the condensed replays so far (morning after, and last night on ESPN2), but I fast forwarded through the DVR recording to make sure it was all there.

I watched the Peach Bowl about 50 times last year...will probably do the same with the Alamo Bowl this year.

TCUdirtbag

Ray Finkle said:
After the Boykin suspension, I decided not to make the trip.  Looks like our team made the same decision.

On a scale of punching a cop to rose bowl, how much do you regret this decision? 

(Just messing with you RF)

Frog-in-law1995

TCUdirtbag said:

I still can't believe that happened. At the time I thought God hated us. That was impossibly awful. 
It was a karmic make-good for successfully defending a fake punt earlier. Like that movie where the kids forsee their plane crashing and decide not to board, then get picked off one by one over the next few months in freakishly horrific ways.

EdKamen

I watched the game again.

OK, I skipped the first half. :biggrin:

We know that Bram and Green and Kindred and DJ and Oberkrom and Howard and Summers and Pierson played great, among others.

But ...

1) Terrell Lathan, who has played in the shadow of McFarland and Tuaua and Carraway for two seasons, was a BEAST. He was my Defensive MVP.

2) The offensive line played great, but Noteboom stood out.

3) It wasn't Doctson, Listenbee, Slanina, Gray or Story.

It was Austin and Nixon and James and Porter and Stewart. Tremendous young talents. Totally unexpected.

4) TCU's CBs -- the woe-is-me all season -- Lewis and O'Meally were lockdowns.

I still think it hasn't sunk in yet.

What an amazing game!

TCUdirtbag

Austintxfrog94 said:
Jason Phillips almost ran into the middle of the field he was so fired up

Caught this from my seat. Started paying attention to the bench in addition to the field. You could just tell from then on that they each felt it and would somehow pull out the W.